Make sellers responsible for their poor service - force good customer service...

Hi Guys

I have bought stuff on eBay recently, some good, some bad, some indifferent sellers.

Ok here is the thing.. Online stores are making it hard for local retail stores to compete. If ebay sellers want to be in the market they must take the rough with the smooth. I recently bought a 64 GB phone and found it was 16 GB. I made them pay for postage back,  refused to pay (1st part of playing hard ball - their mistake they pay). I guess they did not want to pay for a 3rd postage so 'had no stock' - it could have been the case who knows, but they would not have made anything paying for 3 postage. By the time I sent phone back, waited, and ordered another one from somewhere else it took me 6 weeks to get another phone not 6 days. Another seller sent something with a piece missing and offered a partial discount so I could go and buy in local store. NO - I would have gone their in the first place. The peice needed was more than the item cost - durrrrr. I have got them to send the piece. But they tried the easy way for them first. I think they need to understand customer service or get out of the business. If they are going to force retailers to close they must  offer  the same service. Make the sellers really check the item is correct before they send it by playing hard ball. Having to go back to post office is your time - they should pay for it or make it easy for us as buyers. This will weed out the poor sellers.

Just a morning vent 🙂 ...but I do think we should be harder on poor sellers, and maybe a rule were the sellers must send a replacement item with a return evelope or courier to pick up... Basically really make the seller think about sending the correct item. I reckon if I think about it I have had to send a lot of thinks back or just could not be bothered.

cheers

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Make sellers responsible for their poor service - force good customer service...

Or make it an unwritten rule not to buy electronics online. 

Oh that's right we already knew. You must have missed that memo. Smiley Wink

Just being facitious. Smiley Very Happy

Only way to guarantee a genuine warranty and genuine item is to buy from a reputable retailer.

Anyone can open an online account and be gone next week or in 6 months.

image host
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

I bought from reputable sellers,

100 000 sales + 99% fedback ....

Not buy electronics on ebay or online?????

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Sure, buy on line but stick to reputable Australian retailers, even on ebay.

The Good Guys, Bing Lee, Officeworks.....all on ebay and you get the same after sales service as you get in the stores.

I'm sure there are others but these I have had personal experience of.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Thank you...

Yes but that is the point of the feedback.... they get a reputation.... I think we need to give negative feedback when due (possibly we are all too nice and if it was an issue say nothing?) ... and force them to make sure it is correct when sending.... The issue I have found is that if a sale is cancelled or returned there is no feedback option. We should be able to to give feedback on service too not just the feedback on product if the sale happened..

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

The problem is anyone can have an online account and rack up feedback then decide to sell a whole lot of shonky items or simply not give back up service and warranties. Feedback can only be left 60 days after a sale so a mute point really.

Like lyndal clarified, by all means buy from JB online or HN online as they have a vested interest in the business and a built reputation to uphold.

But someone selling items online only even though they have thousands of trans under their belt, they can easily shut down overnight and start another account. Nothing vested in the account except for some feedback that is often pertaining to some time ago.

image host
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

That is the point of feedback..... if they sell shonky items...bad service and have a feedback score of 50% no one will buy from them and they will disappear.

Make sure we leave negative feedback if it is due and not be lazy about it.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@greatproductstoday wrote:

That is the point of feedback..... if they sell shonky items...bad service and have a feedback score of 50% no one will buy from them and they will disappear.

Make sure we leave negative feedback if it is due and not be lazy about it.

If they have a feedback score of 100,000 plus then even 3 or 4 hundred negative feedback scores isn't going

to hurt them,(they would need to receive thousands for them to have any impact as a 1000 would only drop

them to 99%).

There have been sellers on here with high feedback scores that have started receiving hundreds of

negs in a row and they've simple closed their account,(some start again with a new account and others just

give selling away).

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

But buyers cannot leave bad feedback when the item breaks down more than 60 days from purchase and seller doesn't honour warranty promised upon sale. Or buyer realises after 60 days the specs are not what he bought.

Electronics with warranties are simply best bought in a B&M store unless it's from one of the big retailers online.

Take our word for it as we have seen so many come here realising they should have done so.

image host
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

The system works on the last 12 months..... they might have 100000 sales.. ...but it is the last 12 months so it could be 1000 sales, if 200 were bad?

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply