Releasing funds to my bank account

I have updated my bank details numerous times as requested. Also my ID and spoken on the phone to two eBay reps. That was a week ago and still the red banner shows that I need to update my bank details. The last person I spoke to said that the staff who remove the banner and release funds would do that in 2-3 business days. Still no funds. Please advise what I should do next. It can't be that hard to push a few buttons so that I can withdraw my $$.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Have you VERIFIED your bank account?

Verifying your banking details

To receive payouts, you'll need to link your bank account to your eBay account. It's important to make sure that the names on both accounts match.

• For a personal account, your first name and last name should be the same on your bank account and your eBay account
  • For a business account, the business name associated with your bank account should be the same as the business name you use to register on eBay
    • For example, if the business name on your bank account is "Joe's Hobby Shop", that's the name you should use to register for your eBay business account

It's also important to make sure that your account type on eBay matches your bank account type. For example, if you have a business eBay account, you'll need a business bank account to register as a seller.

To verify your bank account, we'll need:

• Name on the bank account
  • Bank name
  • BSB number
  • Account number

Once we verify your information, we'll send you an email to let you know you're set up.

If we can't verify your information, we may ask you to verify your linked bank account another way, such as:

Logging into your bank

When verifying your account, if your bank is available in the Add a bank account list, you can select it and log in directly with your bank credentials. This is the fastest way to verify your bank account.

Using microdeposits

Alternatively, you can verify your account using two microdeposits (small payments) sent to your linked bank account.

Here's how to verify your account using microdeposits.

1. Sign in to Seller Hub  or My eBay.
  2. Select the banner to verify your bank account.
  3. Select Verify with microdeposits.
  4. Once they've reached your account (1-3 business days), sign in to Seller Hub or My eBay.
  5. Select the banner to verify your bank account and enter the microdeposit amounts.❞

Registering as a seller 

The lower rank CS reps don’t have authority to verify IDs. You need to follow the eBay bot-driven process to the nth degree.

If you are absolutely certain you have followed the processes outlined above, then Live Chat could be used to ask for a supervisor to assist. But try to go through the necessary verification. And do NOT “upgrade” your eBay account to a business account. It can’t be reversed.

Use a personal every day transaction bank account with your name spelled exactly as it is in your eBay (personal) account. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Take what eBay reps tell you with a pinch of salt

They simple say what pre-written script tells them to say

There is a lot more involved than 'pressing a few buttons'

Even more involved than just the two things you mention you have done

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply