Ripped off ever very where on eBay

Buyers, sellers, the lot getting ripped off, been an eBay member for years but only just found this forum, tried to to post before but something always happens and it doesn’t go through, I’m getting sick of being ripped off from items advertised as au, and not getting them for weeks later, and somehow the $ rate from au to us on Paypal is always lower than current rates so we pay more, don’t know what to do not a brain just a normal middle class guy, but getting sick of being **bleep**ed up the **bleep** by everyone in the world 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You posted just a little while ago on another thread

How as a buyer are you being ripped off?

Buyers have all the tools and all the power

Are you checking the seller's feedback before you buy?

The estimated delivery date is shown before you buy, so you know before buying if it is going to take weeks to arrive

conversions rates have always differed from place to place

You don't need to be a 'brain'

You do need to stop playing the victim

The things you are complaining about here are easily avoided 

If you have been an eBay member for years, you should know the most basic things by now

And if not, time to read up

Check feedback before buying

Look at the estimated delivery dates before buying

Open the appropriate dispute when needed and follow through with it

Leave neg feedback where it is deserved 

Don't allow yourself to be ripped off on eBay

YOU have control

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Like all financial institutions (including your bank) Paypal take a commission on currency conversion.

As far as item location goes, country of registration is generally an indicator of item location. As a member for years, you would doubtless be aware of this.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

And yet not one negative feedback left for any sellers on the last 5 pages.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I got TWO personalised feedbacks

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I try not to leave negative feedback for faulty products that sellers might not know about, if I get a refund, check my last feedback if you want, because I have a feedback of 813 and have been a member for the 2nd time since 2004. But I cancelled my eBay membership tonight, so this probably won’t go through, I’ve found over the years that if you leave a negative feedback for a big seller eBay will remove your comment especially if you say they are false advertising for products and send you cheaper ones not the brand that they advertise, and all the sellers that  advertise as Australian stock, and are not in Australia should be censored somehow, and like my last feedback sellers can say what they want about returns absolute lies. I’m a mechanic that has made contacts with great parts suppliers through eBay which I will keep, but I’ve had enough of the **bleep** that goes on with eBay, thought I try the community just to see, but waste of time 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I had a really good and helpful reply, but then I saw you've cancelled your membership.

*sigh

Not much point in being helpful to someone who's not using ebay anymore.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I had a really good and helpful reply, but then I saw you've cancelled your membership.

*sigh

Not much point in being helpful to someone who's not using ebay anymore.

You will work it out eventually 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Love the way you can't talk without expletives. Says a lot more about you than me.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Although true, you shouldn't talk about yourself like that. It's not good for your self-esteem.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply