Search Filter needs Updating (item lists & code)

Surely someone's brought this up prior, just tried various search terms, = random unrelated responses.

This isn’t only related to computer/components, I’ve experienced it with many other item searches.

I understand there’s a HUGE amount of varied items, a lot to keep up with, maintain, however its still programmed similar to 20+ years ago, when it was much quieter, easy for volunteer mods to maintain.

I wish to keep a look out for bargains on multiple Intel & AMD CPUs, not just any, ranging from a base $ amount, etc, which would also show me laptop processors, stuff that’s 20 years old, 100% slower than what I’m chasing, that some sellers place in high price brackets hoping to snag large profit from noobs.

A very small example of what’s not available to select in the filter/s.

1. R5-3600 (released July 2019, “4yrs ago”, Zen 2, Matisse, AM4).

2. i5-10400 (released April 2020, Comet Lake, LGA1200, Intel 10th Gen)

3. i5-1200F (released Jan 2022, Alder Lake, LGA1700, Intel 12th Gen).

None of those are available to select, plus Many others, incl 7 & 9 series, etc.

I’d add near 20 other models to a bookmarked tab to check a few times a day for low price buy nows. Unfortunately I have to search them individually.

Be nice to see an update to this 20+ year old platform.

Resize box (text is getting lost off to the right)

Search bar to type/locate items to checkbox (I've selected AMD, now I want to search/locate 3600 to checkbox, not interested in seeing 2600 results, etc)

Have "Intel" "AMD'" checkbox (I check AMD, 70% of the fields grey out, see no reference to Intel).

If someone enters a product name, code, serial, model, item, part number, etc, have AI cross reference it, if it checks out, it gets auto added to the filter list, available for others. If it doesn't get typed again for time, drop it off the list, declutter. There's a lot of old stuff in the processor lists, but some try & sell a lot of old stuff.

Anyhow....

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0