Sellers Hide behind e-Bay being virtually impossible to contact as a BUYER - so seller can DEFRAUD

malwin_29
Community Member

BUYER BEWARE 

Seller advertised 2 Awnings at $103.55 ea Free delivery 

Just as Credit card was being submitted,  Price Suddenly became $235.87

too late money gone internet connection gone  OVERCHARGE  $32.77

Not a bad bonus if that is applied to many,many orders.

NO REDRESS

Cannot contact E-bay - ( only get the web pages designed to help SELLERS )

Cannot get in contact with Seller - had immediately protested but as one might expect - Being IGNORED 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sellers Hide behind e-Bay being virtually impossible to contact as a BUYER - so seller can DEFRAUD

eBay is ALL about they buyer and there are numerous options as a buyer under eBay Help

Since you have no idea how to use the site, maybe report it to your bank instead

And leave the seller neg feedback if you really want to warn others

Pointless posting the seller details here, since you agreed not to name and shame when signing up, and it will be removed by a mod when one next comes on line

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

When I look at the listing, it still says 2 for $103.55 each and free delivery for me, but I am not going to try and check out... Was postage added or were the items more expensive?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Multi variation listing,  price changes depending on size and colour as selected by the buyer.

So what size and colour did you select.

By the way, ebay customer service is extremely easy to contact, just contacted and conversed with a live agent in less than 1 minute.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I had tried the first 2 2x, but not all, and the last ones are indeed more expensive, but how can the OP say they were fine in the cart and then the price changed exactly when he was paying?  If I select the ones towards the bottom, the price changes immediately, in the listing too, and it is very clear and huge.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

And  without having to review/confirm payment first before hitting the pay button 

And then their internet connection apparently goes too

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply