100% renewable energy is becoming cost-effective,

Advances in technology, and the ambitions of countries willing to harness it, are proving that the transition to 100% renewable energy is not only possible, but cost-effective, too. Investment and development of solar and wind infrastructure, as well as energy output, is booming after a 3-year slump—a hopeful sign of things to come.

http://www.benjerry.com/values/issues-we-care-about/climate-justice/eu-clean-energy

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 1 of 79
Latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

@poddster wrote:

My point is that , if you are in the possession of that knowledge why don't you apply some of it to the gibberish that you have a propensity to post?

Friendly and all knowing as aways eh. If you get together with bandcamp you could solve all the worlds problems!

I hope it does not distress you too much when I tell you that my dwelling is heated by energy derived 100% from solar energy my food is grown and cooked by 100% solar energy, my transportation and communication id derives 100% solar energy in fact all aspects of my life is derived from 100% solar energy.

Harness all that hot air and you could power your entire town!

All my belongings are composed of stellar material as is  in fact is my body along with everyone else's bodies and belongings.

You see wilk everything you have ever owned, ever used, ever abused  and every person you have ever met is made of "star Stuff" 

Every atom of, or on, this planet and in fact every other planet was made inside a star, one that is more massive than out puny Sol.

No it wasn't. Hydrogen, the most abundant element in the universe wasn't and neither were a couple of other lighter elements. And that doesn't include dark matter and energy.

plods.jpg

Message 71 of 79
Latest reply

Tsk Tsk Jimmy, perhaps you might like to  read again what I have posted

Every atom of, or on, this planet and in fact every other planet was made inside a star, one that is more massive than out puny Sol.

Even though our sun Sol, is puny compared to other stars it is still a star.

the rest of what i have said also holds true, there is nothing on this planet or any other planet that is not stellar material.

You mention dark matter and dark energy both of which are theories and have never been observed and exist only in mathematics.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 72 of 79
Latest reply

poddster wrote:

Tsk Tsk Jimmy, perhaps you might like to  read again what I have posted.

No, once was enough, lol.

True our sun is small compared to MOST others, but Hydrogen was not created in a star, it existed before stars.

Even though our sun Sol, is puny compared to other stars it is still a star.

the rest of what i have said also holds true, there is nothing on this planet or any other planet that is not stellar material.

Again...not hydrogen.

You mention dark matter and dark energy both of which are theories and have never been observed and exist only in mathematics.

Enough evidence for me to bet money on it's existence.

Speaking of....I have to go to work and make a repair to the ion collider.

Play nice, lol.Smiley Very Happy

Message 73 of 79
Latest reply

Jimmy, I would be willing to wager that you could not prove the existence of dark matter or dark energy or what is its constituent

No one else has been able to thus far 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 74 of 79
Latest reply

Poddster wrote

Throughout the years it has been people just like you and those who have a vested interest in flogging off the fossil resources that they have until those resources have been depleted that have held back the development of abundant, inexpensive, non emitting, energy generating sources

Surely this is gibberish as it is just an assumption you made and doesn't pertain to me
Message 75 of 79
Latest reply

More gibberish you wrote poddy

As of 2012 the total electrical energy consumption of the entire planet was 524.0758 quadrillion BTUs (152,479,631,460,000,000,000 watts). What size battery would store that much energy. where would that much energy come from?
Message 76 of 79
Latest reply

You keep saying hiw everything has come from stars and this is true. It us also true that we could actually harvest all our energy needs from own very own star. Hey, poddy. Billions of joules of energy hit this planet every day from the sun
Message 77 of 79
Latest reply

Or are you more interested in concentrating on what you perceive to be up my backside.
Message 78 of 79
Latest reply

Just like some small minded child. I'm going to say it again seeing as it gets such a reaction from you. One hundred and thirty years of concentrated battery development would have made them much better than they are now. Seeing as the electric car was invented before the internal combustion engined car and it was only the big heavy and relatively inefficient batteries that made it a non viable alternative when a much smaller fuel take could hold more potential energy
Message 79 of 79
Latest reply