Advice - Cleaning grout lines in ceramic floor tiles please

Last time I tried......I scrubbed so hard with steel wool that I scoured edges of floor tiles and took some of the colour off but got the grout clean!!

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

some good tips here Paints.

I think I might try them all,

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

Bleach mixture and a toothbrush, same as cleaning grout in the shower.

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

Bleach can result in yellowing. And would splatter living bleach spots everywhere.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

@twinkles**stars wrote:

@polksaladallie wrote:

Bleach can result in yellowing. And would splatter living bleach spots everywhere.

Well, I have done it and that did not happen. Same as it doesn't happen in the shower.  The bleach is not used neat. 

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

Ok....you are a better person than I then ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

I agree.   Smiley Very Happy

I had the whole unit tiled with vanilla coloured tiles and matching grout.  It was a mistake to use that coloured grout, but I kept it looking good with that method.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Foyer..............black marble tile with charcoal grout............

frontdoor.jpg

Master bath.........green stone tile (both vanities and floor) charcoal grout...........

Kitchen and dining room...........grey granite tile on floor, blue granite tile on counters, charcoal grout..........

Hall bath........grey granite tile on floor, black stone tile on bath deck and vanity., charcoal grout.........

Jacuzzi.jpg

All laid by myself, during construction of the house.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

beautiful pics thisone.....thanks for sharing.

Yes, WHO the fig jam would, in their right mind, use vanilla coloured grout??!!!! Not I, the bloke next door to me happens to be the tiler to be blamed! LOL retiled in the kitchen area about 15 years ago.....before I came onto the scene as house not built by me. I'd like to get a jack-hammer to all the tiled areas in this place due to what is supposed to be the 'vanilla' grout effect. I did meticulously scrub the grout lines with a bleach paste and a toothbrush on toilet floor and laundry, 7 years ago. Wretched WHITE tiles and WHITE grout. Nightmare City!! Still looks great.....but not wanting to do the kitchen and eating area like this. Would cripple me now I reckon.

I have tried the toothpaste, the bleach pastes and mixes.......works with a lot of effort but I can find a gazillion other things to do before I do this again!!......progress is here for a reason and I like the idea of dissolving most of the build up before lightly scrubbing and wiping away. I plan to seal afterwards.....HHhhhhmmmmm

I am going to try the Tricleanium this time:) Dr G has a major store carrying it and a few other places.

Cheers and sincere thanks to everyone's input, ideas and recipes.

Will report back and let you know if product is as easy to use and what the results are like.

Smiley Very Happy..watch this space.

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

yes.....and getting the odd 'flick' of bleach mix on your face or arms from your furiously actioned old toothbrush (never mind about the clothes!) is unpleasant!

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Grout brush and Norwex paste.

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply