Are You Being Served?

I think it is one of the best TV shows ever, and I am unanymous in that.

It's currently showing on Fox Classics and Gem.

Any other fans out there?

3905946_l3.jpg

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Are You Being Served?

I saw today's episode - Mrs Slocombe nee Yiddell was getting married and Mr Humphries got all emotional and teary LOL.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Found it channel surfing trying to bypass the funeral ads-

that choosi have a lot to answer for.lol,,,,,,,.........

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I loved that show and still do.  They showed some earlier ones for a while, where about 3 of the actors were different, but the ones they replaced them with were much better imo. 

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

The series with different actors were the later series as several of the actors dies or went on to other projects.

Arthur Brough (Mr Grainger) and Harold Bennett (Young Mr Grace) both died during the run of the series.

Trevor Bannister (Mr Lucas) left to pursue other projects.

I did not like any of the replacements but the worst was Old Mr Grace....he was just so fake looking.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Oh i didn't know that.   I don't think that the replacements had the charisma of the

earlier ones.  

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

Many of the UK tv shows from that era are the best. the list is long, good clean (ish) fun prior to the reality tv disease that has gripped telly networks.

Yes, good, clean fun the whole family could watch.

What they call comedy today is inane, full of swear words and filth. Children have to be monitored so they don't see such shows, and reality TV is not real. It is all scripted and directed with contestants that come cheap money wise.

Erica

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Did anyone watch last night's episode,  with the Greek theme?

And tonight they staged a mini musical a la the Nutcracker Suite Ballet.......   top entertainment.... no bad language, no vulgarity, just sheer talent and fun. What a pleasure to watch.  

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

i miss Mr Grainger Woman Sad

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Oh yes, so do I.  

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

MV5BMjBiNjlkYWItZDZiZC00OGJiLTg2MjUtNzJlOGU1NzVhZWJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE3NjA1MzQ@._V1_.jpg

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply