Australia Day Cricket

Should it just be called 26 January, henceforth?

I agree with Scott Morrison:

"I think a bit more focus on cricket, and a bit less focus on politics would be my message to Cricket Australia," he told radio station 4RO.

Scott Morrison attacks Cricket Australia for decision to drop term 'Australia Day' from BBL promotio...

And I don't think it was an "attack"

It was his opinion.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Australia Day Cricket

Cricket Australia have shown in the past that they don't have a very strong spine. But I think Morrison and CA are both playing politics on this matter. Indigenous Australians got a lot of BLM support last year. So I assume that is carrying over to 2021 and Australia Day is on the agenda. I doubt Morrison's or CA's views are honourable or respectful of the real reasons behind the divided emotions. They are just political.

BTW, your link didn't work for me.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Australia Day Cricket

"I think a bit more focus on cricket, and a bit less focus on politics would be my message to Cricket Australia," he (Scott Morrison) told radio station 4RO.

But when it boils down to it, what is Australia Day actually about; flag waving, oath taking, slapping each other on the back and telling the world what a great nation we are - how much more political can you get than that? Morrison should be applauding Cricket Australia for  making the focus of  these matches  the cricket rather than nationalistic grandstanding.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Australia Day Cricket

Ok. But why change it? Are we not all Australian?

Why call themselves "Cricket Australia", then?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Australia Day Cricket

Cause Cricket India is taken. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply