BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

Seems to be a lack of threads for blokes.
On other threads,some ladies have mentioned, their OHs
would post, but had no interest in most of the threads on offer.
I can bump this thead twice a day,so its easy to find.
Give it a go---Richo.
Message 1 of 98,233
Latest reply
98,232 REPLIES 98,232

Good morning; I hope youโ€™ve no pain or difficulty breathing, and that everyoneโ€™s eyes are going well, that youโ€™re all snug and warm and have good things to eat and pleasant company or blissful solitude, as you prefer.

Message 93381 of 98,233
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning Richo, Countessa, everyone.

Other eye fine Richo.  What the Magic Man did to my right eye will make my cataracts come on within a year, that's the only side effect and I can live with that.  Right eye still blurry but I think it is coming good slowly, swore I saw the blind go up this morning.

Have a great folks.

Message 93382 of 98,233
Latest reply

Good morning everyone,

Linda - woo hoo - good news - well except for the cataracts - but really both Stawks & I can vouch for getting those done.

Countess - we've had NBN for years - from memory - the NBN guy came put the box on the inside & outside - the only thing needed was a close power point inside.

Then the ' service provider ' - telstra - optus - whoever - connects their modem to the nbn.

If you are with Optus - give them a call.

Message 93383 of 98,233
Latest reply

Arvo all,

Linda, one eye down, one more to go.

Cataracts are easy peasy - nothing to worry about - although I did panic before my op, and worried about nothing.  Next day it was like nothing had happened, except I could see how lovely and bright the world was.  Not yellow, but white.  An 'eye opener'

Countess, sorry but I'm with Dom.  There shouldn't be any drama with installing the NBN. 

Box on the outside, box on the inside next to a power point.  No electrician is needed.   Maybe they're giving you the run around for some reason?

I have enough washing to keep me busty for days.  The laundry bin was overflowing.  

Has it really been that long since I've done any?

Sunny and crisp, and 16 deg atm.    Won't get any warmer.

Message 93384 of 98,233
Latest reply

The washing keeping you busty - how good's that. lol

Message 93385 of 98,233
Latest reply

imastawka_0-1625026997594.gif  Dammit, missed that one.

imastawka_1-1625027020345.gif

Better not work.      I don't need larger.

Message 93386 of 98,233
Latest reply

Iโ€™ve left a voice message for the last (lovely) electrician who performed a job for us. If itโ€™s a confusing message and we he doesnโ€™t know what on earth it means, I will blame the NBN technician!!!

Ah. How peeved would be all of the women who have had breast enlargement surgery, only to find that if only theyโ€™d find the washing, thereโ€™d have been no needโ€ฆ

Message 93387 of 98,233
Latest reply

Countess - from memory - when the NBN guys arrived - it was only choosing a convenient place for the NBN box.

This was in the living room - with a power point close - they then put a box on the outside wall.

There was never an electrician involved - and wouldn't need to be if there is a place that is close to a power point.

All it needs is a power point.

Did you go through your service provider - ie Optus.

Message 93388 of 98,233
Latest reply

Believe me - I've done 15 lines a week for years - didn't help at all. ๐Ÿคฃ

Message 93389 of 98,233
Latest reply

Yes. It was all arranged through Optus. 

My Optus broadband connection is downstairs in the office. The Telstra point is upstairs in completely inconvenient place. The electrician has to get the wire or line or whatever running over to the downstairs office.

I could get all the computer and network upstairsโ€ฆ but it would be a logistical nightmare and I donโ€™t want to. 

Iโ€™m ready to burst into tears that it was so easy for you and so complicated for me! If you hear violent sobs and hear news of a local flood, itโ€™s your fault, you knowโ€ฆ 

Youโ€™d best start building an arkโ€ฆ 

Oh, hold the ark building! Our electrician has phoned back and heโ€™s said he will take a look tomorrow to see what is involved. We may have a no-tears result yet.

Message 93390 of 98,233
Latest reply