BLOKES THREAD-aimed at blokes-shielas welcome.

Seems to be a lack of threads for blokes.
On other threads,some ladies have mentioned, their OHs
would post, but had no interest in most of the threads on offer.
I can bump this thead twice a day,so its easy to find.
Give it a go---Richo.
Message 1 of 98,271
Latest reply
98,270 REPLIES 98,270

Good afternoon all,

Lovely here now - bit of an overcast start to the day.

Good news Trav - a fun week of mischief with the boys.

I've a couple of rooms you could begin on - DD's bedroom for beginners - sheesh.

How's the arm Stawks??

Nics - any news on the fires.??

Message 96181 of 98,271
Latest reply

Arvo to you Paper,

I have found things to be an effort but, I am getting things done even if they are not as fast as I would like.

I have a couple of more rooms downstairs to clear and then I can start on doing some work to the rooms.

A couple of weeks ago, I was at my local shops and happened to run into a guy who I worked with years ago. He and his wife recently moved  to the same area where I live and invited me over for dinner this evening.

I thought I should make something to take along.

My Cheese Cake.

In the past, I have frozen this type of cheese cake and it was still ok.    (without the cream and raspberries on top)

IMG_0701.JPG

Message 96182 of 98,271
Latest reply

They look delicious. I wish we lived in a Sci-fi dimension where I could just touch the screen and grab one. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 96183 of 98,271
Latest reply

I have made some with passion fruit, and with passion fruit coulis on top.

The raspberry is the choice of most people that have tried them.

Both are quite rich and weigh around 1.2kgs

Message 96184 of 98,271
Latest reply

No news is good news?? I think the fire is still out of control but hopefully after tomorrow some cooler weather is on the way. Keeping everything crossed.:-)

Message 96185 of 98,271
Latest reply

You mean they are still fighting it. ??

Sheesh.

Message 96186 of 98,271
Latest reply

Nicnacs, I agree that it seems to be โ€ฆ well, not so much โ€œunder controlโ€ as โ€œless out of controlโ€, and the promised cooler weather should help.

This has been a wonderful week in terms of music, for me. Soprano Siobhan Stagge singing French songs (Monday), and two different recitals by Jordi Savall and Hespรจrion XXI (last night and tonight), proved to be emotionally and spiritually soothing. papermoon, I wish you could have been thereโ€ฆ!

Tomorrow, itโ€™s all about the weeds and cat poo extra cleaning session and the cat fountain maintenance and the dusting and vacuuming and cake baking and invoicing and extra studying and trying to find the time to try out some digital pianos that apparently sound and feel exactly like grand pianos.

Message 96187 of 98,271
Latest reply

Yes Dom it`s still out of control. They have been water bombing as there are many areas that are inaccessible to reach:-(

Message 96188 of 98,271
Latest reply

We are all thinking of your daughter. I so, so hope the fire will be under control soon, or at least that the main danger will diminish.

Message 96189 of 98,271
Latest reply

Some good news..the fire has been contained and not out of control! Thank goodness๐Ÿ˜Š

Some cool weather,water bombing, and a bit of rain has all helped๐Ÿ˜„

Message 96190 of 98,271
Latest reply