BRACE YOURSELVES - I'M BACK!!!

How long for? I don't know. Looks like the knives are out so I may well disappear without warning, never to be heard of again.

In the meantime, back to my favourite subject - my little 18 year old CAR. I took her rear bumper off and sprayed it - had it looking great - stood back to admire my handiwork, tripped on the air hose, and down came the bumper on to the concrete - scratched up worse than before I started. But, start again I did - rubbed it all back again, more sanding, more primer/surfacer, more coats of top-coat. Bottom line, it's back on the car now - waiting for 14 days to harden the paint (acrylic lacquer) and then give HER a cut and polish.

I also did my other little girl too. Have I mentioned her? She is 20 and she is white. Her timing belt was broken and I bought her for $350 - thinking to use her for parts, but because she is automatic, decided to try to do her up for her-indoors - did the timing belt, pulleys, hydraulic tensioner, water pump etc - turned her over and away she went - running like a clock.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

What knives are out?

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Welcome back Mr. Rabbit xx

waving1.gif

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Welcome back, Rabbit. I was worried a dust cloud from an e-volcano might have prolonged your holiday.Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Hi Rabbit-you are a mechanical...um...err---legend.....................Richo.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

@serendipityricho wrote:

Hi Rabbit-you are a mechanical...um...err---legend.....................Richo.

must confess ........................ I got a mobile mechanic to come and do my little white girl for me. Tried hard to undo her crank bolt but I had to get a better man to come and do it for me.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

car1.gif

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@tasfleur wrote:

car1.gif

he's not a mechanic - he's a master mechanic.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

rabbitearbandicoot wrote:

tasfleur wrote:

he's not a mechanic - he's a master mechanic.

Does that mean he had a bigger hammer?

Welcome back, Rabbit.  

DEB

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

trancreave
Community Member

I can relate to that on so many levels. Something that should be easy and simple, because to weather condisions, or as you say, tripping on an air hose. I got a very nasty sunburn trying to fit a truck cap, all day of getting one side to line up to find the other side out of line, then getting the front to line up to find the back off center. I had to finally reshape the whole thing to get it to come close, and then saying to myself, "thats as good as it's going to get" and just leave it as it was. The sun here is brutal at the the worst possible times when I can't get out of it into shade or cooler areas.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply