BRACE YOURSELVES - I'M BACK!!!

How long for? I don't know. Looks like the knives are out so I may well disappear without warning, never to be heard of again.

In the meantime, back to my favourite subject - my little 18 year old CAR. I took her rear bumper off and sprayed it - had it looking great - stood back to admire my handiwork, tripped on the air hose, and down came the bumper on to the concrete - scratched up worse than before I started. But, start again I did - rubbed it all back again, more sanding, more primer/surfacer, more coats of top-coat. Bottom line, it's back on the car now - waiting for 14 days to harden the paint (acrylic lacquer) and then give HER a cut and polish.

I also did my other little girl too. Have I mentioned her? She is 20 and she is white. Her timing belt was broken and I bought her for $350 - thinking to use her for parts, but because she is automatic, decided to try to do her up for her-indoors - did the timing belt, pulleys, hydraulic tensioner, water pump etc - turned her over and away she went - running like a clock.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

It's wonderful when one can stand back and say "job well done, I'm proud".  Almost impossible to walk through the door with the swelled head.   And then..........

Similar happened here. With lots of patience, (which is a rarity for me) I taught myself French Polishing.  

Finished one piece and started working on another.  Have to wait around for things to dry.  So I started on another job.  Come back, apply more shellac; and so on.  Eventually get a "perfect" second piece. Pick up the first piece to compare the shine.  

What????????????   Some turps had seeped onto the first piece and stripped the finish in one area.

Now, I'm learning how to "repair a section without a full strip".   

DEB

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

What knives are out?

The knives that's seen so many good members disappear I suppose. Look at who's left and take a guess, it's not hard to work out.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Strong statement - you're still here.

Do you include yourself?

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Man LOL If I included myself  I would not be here commenting.  LOL thanks for the laugh this sunny morning Woman LOL

As for the :"strong statement" quip, it's a factual statement that anybody who inhabits the boards for any length of time can clearly see. I see you're still here though. Man Wink

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Strong statement - you're still here.

Do you include yourself?

oops Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply