Baby Archie! They're having a larf

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Surely they're having us all on.

Archie?  Really?

And I bet he's a redhead like his dad

Image result for archie comic

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-royals-baby-name/archie-american-comic-book-character-and...

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

heres the whole windsor clan selebratin megan and harrys new son.

download.jpg

Message 11 of 43
Latest reply

Little Archie is a cute little bubba, and that's all that needs to said, except for congratulations to Harry and Meghan.

Message 12 of 43
Latest reply

96916377_03796c73.gif

Message 13 of 43
Latest reply

That is cruel David.

He is a lovely little baby.....just because most people don't like his name is not his fault and he does not deserve ridicule.

I think his parents will have something to answer for in the future.

They should have used his second name instead.....Harrison is nice.

Message 14 of 43
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Lyhr - somewhere I read he could get it after Charles becomes King - if ever. Robot Sad.

However, the Queen ruled that all William and Duchess Catherine’s children carry HRH titles so they too would be named Princes or Princesses. It is not yet known whether a similar ruling has been made for Harry and Meghan’s children.

I read that Harry and Meghan wanted him to just have the courtesy title Master if something had to be used (like Princess Anne's children). 

If they don't want him to have the title Prince (assuming the Queen might want it) there's always the titles for sons of hereditary Dules or Royal Dukes such as Earl or Viscount or Lord etc.

Message 15 of 43
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

96916377_03796c73.gif

Self portrait David?

Message 16 of 43
Latest reply

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

Lyhr - somewhere I read he could get it after Charles becomes King - if ever. Robot Sad.

However, the Queen ruled that all William and Duchess Catherine’s children carry HRH titles so they too would be named Princes or Princesses. It is not yet known whether a similar ruling has been made for Harry and Meghan’s children.

I read that Harry and Meghan wanted him to just have the courtesy title Master if something had to be used (like Princess Anne's children). 

If they don't want him to have the title Prince (assuming the Queen might want it) there's always the titles for sons of hereditary Dules or Royal Dukes such as Earl or Viscount or Lord etc.

Master is not even a courtesy title.   It is the usual title for a male child of no rank and will be used until he is an adult and becomes Mr.  Even a garbo's son is called Master.

I can't imagine a Prince Archie....or an Archie, Viscount whaterver.

Message 17 of 43
Latest reply

Given the unfortunate appearance of most of the current and recent royal males, a better choice would have been Jughead.

Message 18 of 43
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

And as Prince Henry - Prince Harry sounds pretty cool.

As will Prince Archie - when his grandad comes to the throne.

Presently poor bub is Master Archie. lol

London: The new royal baby, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, will be made a prince when Charles takes the throne, a London newspaper has reported.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex decided their current and potential future children would not get courtesy titles for the time being, but “on the change of reign the George V convention would apply”, a “senior palace source” told the Evening Standard.

This refers to a royal decree in 1917 that specified who gets grand royal titles, including “his royal highness” and “prince”.

Message 19 of 43
Latest reply

I think they could have named the boy 'Archibald Harry' and just told everyone he would be known as Archie. After all, that's what they did with Harry. We were told, 'He's been called Henry, to be known as Harry'. What the?????

Obviously they like Archie though. And Harrison means son of Harry.Smiley Happy

Archie is very trendy at the moment. I don't know why, it isn't my fav, but each generation to its own.

I think it's a real statement though, that the boy has been given trendy rather than regal, only 2 names, not 3 or 4, and has been named after his father as his second name. He is a long, long way behind in the line to become king so basically it doesn't matter. Still, I think it's a tad too informal, given his likely roles in life. An official Archibald "Archie" might have worked better.

It gave me a bit of a smile when I heard, brought back memories. When my 1st grandchild was expected 5 years ago, one of my daughters said to the pregnant daughter, "Got just the name for you-Archie. That would go beautifully with your surname, wouldn't it. Archie Fall-ar-chee.  And we all laughed. That's not the actual spelling of the name but how it is pronounced as it is of italian background.

It turned out to be a girl anyway.Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 43
Latest reply