Baden Clay Trial

Allison Baden Clay Murder 2 years ago

I was reading up on this today, as the trial started Monday.

The senior Baden Clay was on the stand today and gave evidence about something his wife told him about his daughter in law..................................I thought they usually objected and called that heresay?

Don't they do that in Australia? have I watched too many American crime shows?

Message 1 of 265
Latest reply
264 REPLIES 264

Re: Baden Clay Trial

He has appealled on the (three) oops, that would be four, grounds mentioned in the stories out today. The date must have been set today.

Message 261 of 265
Latest reply

@purple_haize wrote:

Newspapers like to hype their readers up, so putting this article in so early, they hope that occurs..........they do anything to get the readers attention.

Yes, seems so.

The Queensland Court of Appeal has confirmed the year's most hotly anticipated hearing will take place on August 7.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/appeal-date-set-for-gerard-badenclay-over-murder-of-wife-...

I think that is awful.

Also further to what I mentioned above. 

In February, it emerged the three girls remain unable to access their mother's dual life insurance policies, collectively valued at nearly $800,000, until their father exhausts his legal avenues to have his conviction overturned.  

Message 262 of 265
Latest reply

So if it is overturned he gets the money? In which case it will all go in legal fees.
If it isn't overturned and the children get it, his legal fees won't be paid?
Message 263 of 265
Latest reply

Saw this link on the same webpage as an article posted in another thread.

Baden-Clay appeal: Family Respond

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/date-set-for-baden-clay-appeal/story-fntwpug1-12273604...

Message 264 of 265
Latest reply

Good. I hope the media honour their request for privacy.
Message 265 of 265
Latest reply