Baden Clay Trial

Allison Baden Clay Murder 2 years ago

I was reading up on this today, as the trial started Monday.

The senior Baden Clay was on the stand today and gave evidence about something his wife told him about his daughter in law..................................I thought they usually objected and called that heresay?

Don't they do that in Australia? have I watched too many American crime shows?

Message 1 of 265
Latest reply
264 REPLIES 264

Baden Clay Trial

I wonder how long this thread will last before the mods pull their usual trick and step in and shut it down...
Message 11 of 265
Latest reply

Baden Clay Trial

@cq_tech wrote:
I wonder how long this thread will last before the mods pull their usual trick and step in and shut it down...

They can't shut it down, it is main stream media news, no one is being hostile or interpersonal and legally, it can be discussed just like any other court case currently being held 🙂

Message 12 of 265
Latest reply

Baden Clay Trial

@cq_tech wrote:

It depends.  As long as we retain some respect for the families.  Some seem to enjoy posting gory details.

Message 13 of 265
Latest reply

Baden Clay Trial

@polksaladallie wrote:

@cq_tech wrote:

It depends.  As long as we retain some respect for the families.  Some seem to enjoy posting gory details.

I have not seen any gory details posted here nor in the past threads?

It is an interesting trial. For the record, I am neither certain he is guilty, nor am I certain he is innocent.

I am wondering if the police have more information than has been disclosed as yet, given the husband did not get bail.

Message 14 of 265
Latest reply

Baden Clay Trial

@azureline** wrote:

@polksaladallie wrote:

@cq_tech wrote:

I have not seen any gory details posted here nor in the past threads?

It is an interesting trial. For the record, I am neither certain he is guilty, nor am I certain he is innocent.

I am wondering if the police have more information than has been disclosed as yet, given the husband did not get bail.

I have, and in a thread that I started, so I had it closed down.

Of course the prosecution has more details.  The public is told about 10% of any case details.

Message 15 of 265
Latest reply

Baden Clay Trial

"It is an interesting trial. For the record, I am neither certain he is guilty, nor am I certain he is innocent."

In the absence of a direct admission of guilt, it is virtually impossible to determine either way but the current evidence, although purely circumstantial, is pretty overwhelming and I'd certainly hate to be a juror in this particular trial.

Message 16 of 265
Latest reply

Baden Clay Trial

Perhaps if posters stick to the topic there won't be any reason for this thread not to continue.

Az:I am wondering if the police have more information than has been disclosed as yet, given the husband did not get bail.

I do hope so. They may be able to prove some of the timings the BC's have given are not accurate.
Message 17 of 265
Latest reply

Baden Clay Trial

@cq_tech wrote:

"It is an interesting trial. For the record, I am neither certain he is guilty, nor am I certain he is innocent."

In the absence of a direct admission of guilt, it is virtually impossible to determine either way but the current evidence, although purely circumstantial, is pretty overwhelming and I'd certainly hate to be a juror in this particular trial.

I would have loved to be on the jury.

He must be the unluckiest and clumsiest man on earth though, if he is innocent.

Scratches to his face, bruising and skin lesions to his chest and underarm, blood and hair in the car, in a place no one sits, money troubles, cheating with another woman......................and your wife is missing and then found dead. 😞 all in the space of a short time

Message 18 of 265
Latest reply

Baden Clay Trial

Indeed, but everything so far is still circumstantial and it would be difficult for a juror to be absolutely certain beyond any reasonable doubt in order to find him guilty. At this stage, only 2 people know if he did it or not, and one of them is dead, so I really hope the prosecutor comes up with some definitive evidence which proves that he is guilty (or innocent, as the case may be).
Message 19 of 265
Latest reply

Baden Clay Trial

Others in Australia have been convicted of murder with circumstantial evidence.

Message 20 of 265
Latest reply