Bikers Thread

Hello! It's a beautiful day out here, anyone going for a ride, been for a ride lately, or got a bike at all?

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Bikers Thread

tw.au24
Community Member

Are you talking bicycle, or motorcycle? I have a bicycle, my dad has a motorcycle, I ride them both from time to time. I haven't lately, trying to stay out of the sun, it's brutal.

I think it's a nice day to stay in, out of the sun, and comfortable in air condisioning. I'm getting to be spoiled that way in my old age. I'm like "go out?, what for?" Unless I have grocery shopping or laundry to do. That's the only thing that is gonna get me out and I'm considering doing that at night.

Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

Bikers Thread

Try a mobility aid thread

Walkers gophers and walking sticks lol

Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

Bikers Thread

Yeah that's another reason not to go out, someone stole my cane (walking stick) Can't turn my attention away from it for a second. If you see anyone walking around with an adjustable cane with blue floral print, let me know.

Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

Bikers Thread

@tw.au24 wrote:

Are you talking bicycle, or motorcycle? I have a bicycle, my dad has a motorcycle, I ride them both from time to time. I haven't lately, trying to stay out of the sun, it's brutal.

I think it's a nice day to stay in, out of the sun, and comfortable in air condisioning. I'm getting to be spoiled that way in my old age. I'm like "go out?, what for?" Unless I have grocery shopping or laundry to do. That's the only thing that is gonna get me out and I'm considering doing that at night.

I meant motorcycle. I wasn't very clear on that, sorry.

Gosh, I haven't been on my push bike in ages! The handlebars always seem too low, so I look like an old woman bent over...

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

Bikers Thread

Gravel rash from a pushbike is bad enough, and a wallaby darting out in front of a motorbike might end in more than gravel rash, too.

Other than that, enjoy the breeze through the hair- oooops, forgot about the heavy helmet that is supposed to protect from serious injury.  Doesn't always totally protect, by the way.

Spoiler

One of those flip the coin decisions, Jess.

DEB

Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

Bikers Thread

You tease 😞

😛
Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

Bikers Thread

When I was about your age jess

I went pillion on a kawasaki 900

From adelaide to mildura

It was awesome

Also went in a plane for the first time in my life that weekend

It was a crop duster

Great memory 

Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

Bikers Thread

@jessicadazzler wrote:

@tw.au24 wrote:

I meant motorcycle. I wasn't very clear on that, sorry.

Gosh, I haven't been on my push bike in ages! The handlebars always seem too low, so I look like an old woman bent over...

try riding one that fits you, not hop on ol' thing. 

hybrids are ok & size matters, also stem heights and handlebar styles

Signatures suck.
Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

Bikers Thread

@opmania wrote:

When I was about your age jess

I went pillion on a kawasaki 900

From adelaide to mildura

It was awesome

Also went in a plane for the first time in my life that weekend

It was a crop duster