Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to talk Australian...

>> It’s easy to speak Australian - just abbreviate everything... the clip demonstrates to the world just how efficient Australians can be...>> 'We’re from Australia. We love a good chat - but not for too long. So what us Aussies have done is abbrevia...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 19 replies
  • 3 Helpful

Resolved! BRAIN TEASER

Here's one for all you cryptic crossword wizards. It was one of the clues in todays West Australian crossword and I thought it was clever enough to share:the grounds of Chequers in the late fifties? (6,2,4) Hint: being a Pom of somewhat mature years ...

Resolved! cooking with wine .....

I rarely ever drink wine (prefer scotch or ouzo) Yummmmmm......Anyway, what i want to know is this:When a recipe says 1/4 cup of red wine, What is the best for cooking with?I have no idea. I had tawny port in the cupboard but it just didn't do the tr...

• 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Aussie Surfer Fends off Great White

AMERICAN sport sites were in awe of Fanning and the very “Australian” way in which he handled the frightening situation. “Fanning was not injured at all, and was cool enough to give us the most Australian quote possible,” wrote SBNation’s Tom Ziller,...

• 2 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Weekly photo challenge. Theme is STARTS WITH "C"

Rules.....Everyone is welcome to enterAnyone can give kudos.Photo must be your own workPhoto enhancement is permitted, must be your own workPhoto with most kudos is winner, and chooses the next theme (message me with the theme)Tally is done Monday ni...

• 62 replies
  • 0 Helpful

"Australian burgers are terrible!...

>> "Australia has no idea what a burger is... they are terrible': One of the world's hippest chefs has a MAJOR beef with the Aussie classic for including fried egg and beetroot>> An American celebrity chef has launched a meaty attack on the iconic Au...

• 25 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Oh my I'm so excited

Oh my oh my I'm so happy to get to have my own little place again as of next week with my daughter . Fresh new start onwards and upwards ....:)

I feel like a new born baby

I dont have much hair , no teef, am slightly incontinent , and now have pinched a nerve in me spine and cant now bloody walkHave to go see the phisio next week so hope they can help however it is not looking good as well we live in a three level hous...

Resolved! 4 - Day Music Challenge - Theme is PAPER

Ends 8.00 pm on Saturday 18th July 8.00pm ESTSelect a song from YouTube (or another video site) which relates to the chosen theme via the song's title and/or lyrics. Post the URL link to your chosen video under the song title and artist.NO EMBEDDED V...

Changes to PBS drugs

Do any of the LNP supporters on here want to tell me what's good about this government's recent changes to the PBS, that has increased the cost of one of my husbands life preserving medications from $37 to $150?They snuck that one through pretty quie...

Well would you Adam & Eve it ?

First it was the Robertson's Marmalade Golly that caused some people to be mortally offended, now poor old Betty Boop has come in for criticism. Every one has a right to be offended, but for such a simple thing as a cartoon character, why can't they ...