Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

redundancy

I am so upset... my store that I have been in 5 years at 26 hrs perm part time p.w is closing next Tue ,we have known for a while it would prob happen but only confirmed 3 weeks ago.I had a meeting with regional manager and HR and they offered me eit...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Median House Price in Sydney Tops $1 Million

Sydney's median house price has climbed higher than London to top $1 million, Domain Group figures show. The 22.9 per cent increase in the year to June to $1,000,616 – the quickest pace of gain since at least the late 80s – put the NSW capital above ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Household Gas Bills To Jump 30%

Consumer gas prices are tipped to surge by 30 per cent over the next five years as a boom in Australian LNG exports puts pressure on local supply. LNG exports are likely to triple to an annual value of $20 billion by 2020 due to strong demand from As...

• 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful

4 Marines killed in Chattanooga

Did any of our news outlets cover this story? I hadn't heard anything about it until this morning. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3164129/Chattanooga-gunman-Muhammad-Abdulazeez-killed-four-marines-one-critical.html Four marines killed after ...

Resolved! Computor Savvy folk... I have a Q?

I am not that savvy when it comes to computors....You know how some P.C's autofill blank fields...Well..... I just went to fill in my username on a new site i just joined, and when i clicked in the *Username* box, a list of OTHER names came up that I...

• 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Pets advertised on facebook

I got lucky and adopted a cat from a family that were moving. She is fully grown, desexed, vaccinated and came home with half a car full of accessories. The owners had adopted her when their landlord was going to shoot her as she was a stray kitten. ...

• 17 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Be nice to new parents

Yesterday I went, with my DiL and her brand new baby, to their local shopping mall. It was her first venture out of home, sans my son, since the baby was born and naturally she was a bit anxious about everything.LP (littlest prince) was a bit unsettl...

Resolved! 4 - Day Music Challenge - Theme is BOATS

Ends 5.00 pm on Wednesday 22th July Darwin time (sorry, it's a bit earlier than usual but I am going out that night)Select a song from YouTube (or another video site) which relates to the chosen theme via the song's title and/or lyrics. Post the URL ...

• 47 replies
  • 1 Helpful

BRACE YOURSELVES - I'M BACK!!!

How long for? I don't know. Looks like the knives are out so I may well disappear without warning, never to be heard of again. In the meantime, back to my favourite subject - my little 18 year old CAR. I took her rear bumper off and sprayed it - had ...

Upgrade to windows 10

Should I? A link has appeared on my computer to upgrade for free, dont want to upgrade and then find that windows 10 has lots of issues or something. I have windows 7 at the moment.

Jacqui Lambie On Q&A Last Night

She won me last night with this comment: "There is no naftional policy to protect agricultural land in Australia. Australia has only 3.4% of agricultural land. So WHAT IDIOT, would put a mine on, or anywhere near agricultural land?!". Who would take ...

• 9 replies
  • 3 Helpful

Bumper Avocado Harvest In QLD

Gympie avocado grower, Kate Groves, in south east Queensland, has this year seen her best production in five years.She has harvested almost 28 tonnes of both her Hass and Surprise varieties. It is a very different story from the grower's season last ...

• 10 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Alan Jones poll

Alan Jones is vehemently opposed to the Shenhua Watermark coalmine which was given approval last week to go ahead. The government announced the plam approval whilst Jones was out of the country and the east coast was distracted by State of Origin foo...