Bill's Budget Reply

ladydeburg
Community Member

Not one single thread about it. It went down like a lead balloon and only the hired peanut gallery did the cheering whilst his own benches sat like stunned mullets.

Chris Harcher, the left journo commented "Bill Shorten just made sure he will n ever lead Labor to victory".

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Bill's Budget Reply

I liked it. it showed a bit of vision. The only thing I disagreed with was writing off HECS fees for science students... I thought that if they want to encourage science students then, perhaps they could discount the fees rather than write them off. I thought they upstaged the LNP budget by wanting to work  together with the LNP in a bipartisan way for the good of the country. I also liked that they were prepared to further cut tax for small business.

there would be more funding from corporate tax evaders ( I noticed he was able to put a monetary figure on that whereas Hockey refused to, which makes me think the LNP aren't genuine in going after it). Also the extra funding from the tax on high income super

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Bill's Budget Reply

It sounded like a beginner's speech at Toastmasters lol

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Bill's Budget Reply

Chris Harcher, the left journo commented "Bill Shorten just made sure he will n ever lead Labor to victory"

who's Chris Hartcher?? surely not this guy??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hartcher

Woman LOL

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Bill's Budget Reply

I meant Peter HartcherWoman LOL

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Bill's Budget Reply

Peter Hartcher is'nt a 'lefty' journo either - he works for Murdoch

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Bill's Budget Reply

@debra9275 wrote:

Peter Hartcher is'nt a 'lefty' journo either - he works for Murdoch

I know you're probably busy clapping yourself on the back for your "gotcha" but..........

Peter Hartcher - Comment - smh.com.au

www.smh.com.au › Comment

Peter Hartcher is the political editor and international editor of The Sydney Morning Herald
Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Bill's Budget Reply

is he?? I thought it was herald/Sun

anyway I stand by my post that he's not a lefty journo

perhaps you should have a good look at the abbott/hockey budget

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Bill's Budget Reply

@debra9275 wrote:

is he?? I thought it was herald/Sun

anyway I stand by my post that he's not a lefty journo

perhaps you should have a good look at the abbott/hockey budget

He's not a lefty that is for sure, he is one of the better journalists out there I think. He's doing the job he is paid to do.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Bill's Budget Reply

Unfortuntely I can't open the links provided here as I'm over my reading limit for the month, but from what I've seen he was critical of  abbotts budget too

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply