Boris Johnson is serious about a no-deal Brexit

Five things that prove Boris Johnson is serious about a no-deal Brexit

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-29/what-game-theory-tells-us-about-boris-johnsons-brexit-strateg...

the world as we know it is in serious trouble with nutcases leading more and more countries

putin in russia

kim jong un in nth korea

trump in the usa

boris in the uk

the list is growing

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You didn't list Xi Jinping.

Some people argue he is the most powerful person on the planet.

And he is ruthless in his methods of pushing China towards world

and space dominance.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

martinw-48
Community Member
Or Scott too little intelligence and too much religious zeal
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

@martinw-48 wrote:
Or Scott too little intelligence and too much religious zeal

He might be a bit vanilla, but you could hardly put Scomo in the same league of nutcases as Putin or Trump. David is right though, there are too many loose canons in charge of major players on the world stage and the uncertainty they are creating is sending us into a global recession. 

The only difference between this one and the financial crisis of a decade ago is governments the world over dont have any firepower left in their financial reserves to fight back against ecenomic amageddon. Its truly frightening stuff at the moment.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson urges parliament to vote against Brexit extension

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-03/boris-johnson-considering-early-election-ahead-of-brexit-batt...

what allways annoys the carp out of me, politicians no matter how badly they do their job can just walk away from the mess they create scott free.

the UK wouldnt be in this mess had it not been for mr cameron holding a referendum thinking it was a foregone conclusion the 'people' would not vote to leave the eropean club.

where is cameron now?

hes living just fine with his lifelong govt wage plus i'm sure making money in the private sector.

just as mrs may will be doing and johnson will do once his time ends in disaster.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

My bet's on a general election.
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson urges parliament to vote against Brexit extension

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-03/boris-johnson-considering-early-election-ahead-of-brexit-batt...

what allways annoys the carp out of me, politicians no matter how badly they do their job can just walk away from the mess they create scott free.

the UK wouldnt be in this mess had it not been for mr cameron holding a referendum thinking it was a foregone conclusion the 'people' would not vote to leave the eropean club.

where is cameron now?

hes living just fine with his lifelong govt wage plus i'm sure making money in the private sector.

just as mrs may will be doing and johnson will do once his time ends in disaster.

true, they do.

But regardless of what they thought and wanted from that referendum, what they got was a vote to leave the EU.

Maybe it was a close vote, but put it this way, if the vote had been to stay, we wouldn't be having politicians and others saying hey, it was close, maybe we shouldn't accept it.

The people spoke. They voted to leave. It is the job of the politicians now to leave asap, they have had long enough to organise things and just haven't really been trying.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Boris Johnson vows to seek election after parliamentary defeat by Brexit rebels

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-04/boris-johnson-loses-vote-support-no-deal-brexit/11476692

i'm not a pom, dont have any relatives living in the UK (that i know of)

but i do care about this planet and how its cared for.

i dont care wether the UK leaves the EU or not.

the people had a say and said 'we want to leave'

agreed

but the people expected their govt to get the job done eficiantly and with proffessionalism.

its been anything but, a complete balls-up from day 1

now they have an unelected PM who is a complete nutter who is happy just to pull the UK out with out any plan for how it will work.

well great

and as i said, when the proverbial hits the fan he will just walk away leaving a huge mess that will take forever to fix

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

How on earth does Australia manage to survive without being a member of the European Union?

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply