COVID-19 and homelessness

martinw-48
Community Member
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-17/calls-for-housing-eviction-bans-during-coronavirus-outbreak/1...

This could become a major issue but you'd have to be a heartless landlord to evict someone that couldn't pay their rent due to not being able to work because it was COVID-19 related
Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

@davewil1964 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

on radio they said the govt is working on the next stimulus package, i'm sue the homeless will be on top of the list for help

I don't think there's anything in Cash Splash 2.0 for the ordinary Joe Citizen

Looks like it's for businesses

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/australian-government-signals-second-round-of-stimulus...

How has not a concession card these days ? except maybe the 1% ers 

I don't do welfare, so I don't have one. Very few people, much more than 1%, don't qualify or want to suck on the welfare teat. We know you do,by your posts.

One needs context of known circumstances in order to cast a personal opinion of another with any credibility 

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

on radio they said the govt is working on the next stimulus package, i'm sue the homeless will be on top of the list for help

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/australian-government-signals-second-round-of-stimulus...

I don't do welfare, so I don't have one. Very few people, much more than 1%, don't qualify or want to suck on the welfare teat. We know you do,by your posts.

One needs context of known circumstances in order to cast a personal opinion of another with any credibility 

there are three types of concession cards : Pensioner , health care & Seniors - which particualr group would you like to demonise in being critical of me ? 

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

You don't seem to have a problem with doing so. You have stated that all but the 1%ers have some sort of concession card. I stated that I doubt 99% of the population (100% - 1%) have one. I noted that I don't. If I can find 4000 people in Canberra who don't have a concession card does that prove me right? Or do you admit that your premise is flawed and that you pulled your statistics from your nether region?

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

You don't seem to have a problem with doing so. You have stated that all but the 1%ers have some sort of concession card. I stated that I doubt 99% of the population (100% - 1%) have one. I noted that I don't. If I can find 4000 people in Canberra who don't have a concession card does that prove me right? Or do you admit that your premise is flawed and that you pulled your statistics from your nether region?

I was being rhetorical in my manner of expressing a concern , a manner which may allude those who pounce upon every nonce as if that be a decisive point in bitter contest upon the stage of jurisprudence in judgement of who maybe worthy to contribute .  

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

I was being rhetorical in my manner of expressing a concern , a manner which may allude those who pounce upon every nonce as if that be a decisive point in bitter contest upon the stage of jurisprudence in judgement of who maybe worthy to contribute .  

And there you go. Rhetorical. Which means this bit is the relevant one - and that you pulled your statistics from your nether region?

Edit: Nuance

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply