Can you leave at dawn if you stay at a B & B?

What are some common differences if you stay at a B & B compared to a motel?

If you book multiple nights, can you stay a full day at the B & B or do some B&B's you have to be away during the day?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ora-you could leave at dawn--but miss out on the breakfast you paid for....................Richo.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Ora, Can you give some more info?

Some B&Bs are quite similar to being a hotel, they can be quite anonymous, others, you have to deal with other guests, and some are run in the owners home, and you share their facilities.

Im not really sure what your question re leaving before breakfast, relates to- the general agreement is that you are paying for bed and breakfast, but whether you eat it, or not- is up to you. Why not let the owner know your plans, and see if they offer a discount?

When I stayed at a B&B in Japan a couple of years ago, I explained that I hoped I wouldnt disturb them but I would be leaving very early to catch a train and then a flight- the owners said 'No problem. You wont disturb us' The next day the owners saw me off at the doorstep at 4:30am, with a generous packed breakfast including hot coffee, to take with me. Incredible.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Some have key drop boxes so if you need to leave early and have paid in advance you drop off the key and go.

image host
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply