Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Why leave paradise?

Manus Island detainees trade smokes, booze on black market Taxpayers are footing a $1.5 million a week bill for meals, fishing trips, beach outings, visits to market and free packets of cigarettes for almost 900 male asylum seekers on Manus Island. I...

Hard Luck, Oz.

You didn't win, but you came a very respectable SECOND. In the Eurovision Song Contest that is. Good on ya ! And that to Lithuania........

Clover Moore is a whited sepulcher

A committed urbanist, Lord Mayor Clover Moore delivered the opening address of the 2015 Festival of Urbanism at the University of Sydney. Urbanisation is one of the most effective and responsible ways to address key challenges of the 21st century, sa...

good op-shops...

Hey Melbourne people, im headed your way in Sept and hope to visit some recomended ( by you ) op-shops. Im primarily looking around the Dandenong, Frankston,Berwick area's. Any suggestions most welcome.:-) p.s. It's been years since i was at the Carr...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Rugby League racist round

In May the NRL promoted racism by having an indigenous round of football. Checking the NRL fixture card for the rest of the year there is no caucasian round. What is right about celebrating the indigenous round of footy but it is wrong to celebrate a...

Resolved! Caption This .......... #36

Winner by kudos. Winner to also pick day and time of judging to suit. Comp winner to choose new pic or first in if it's a draw.Caption This.. #36 will close Sunday 15MAY2016 at 9pm-ish. Good luck everyone xxx

cat.jpg
User avatar by Community Member
  • 26 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! I found the straw man

For those that do not know! A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.

Ya just can't trust 'em these days

I just got myself all settled in, with coffee at hand, to ring my mum and have a lovely long chat - and she's not home. Probably out gallivanting with some of her retirement village reprobates. Honestly, I just don't know what this older generation a...

Resolved! Caption Contest #35

Winner by kudos. Winner to also pick day and time of judging to suit. Comp winner to choose new pic or first in if it's a draw. Competition ends Thursday 12th May 8pm- ish AEST

Resolved! Does anyone know how to use Dropbox?

I want to load some photos from my iPad to my laptop. I have Dropbox on both, but I seem to only be able to move them one at a time, which is going to take forever. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or what I should be doing?

Resolved! 5-Day Music Challenge - Telephone

Ends Wednesday May 11th May, at 8 AM, Sydney time. NO EMBEDDED VIDEOS OR IMAGES PLEASE This is to accomodate those on slow or mobile internet connections. Any embedded videos entered will be deemed invalid.The poster of the video which has received t...

Scanning Old photos

I have old photos that require scanning to digital. I've tried Officeworks but the quality isn't that great compare with the original. Any scanner or service you recommend? BTW. Hi everyone.