ladydeburg
Community Member
65 REPLIES 65

Canada under attack

They have bodyguards.

Message 21 of 66
Latest reply

Canada under attack

What about when they finish work and go home what happens if they get followed by a nut case. I know they have security inside and outside of Parliament but that protection is over once they leave maybe not for the PM but what about the other politicians?  I don't think they have bodyguards at home protecting them. I don't think there is enough precautions in place you just never know, the world is a dangerous place.

Message 22 of 66
Latest reply

Canada under attack

The majority of politicians do not have body guards , and most remain quite approachable and that is exactly what we as a country should be fighting to maintain .
Photobucket
Message 23 of 66
Latest reply

Canada under attack

If all politicians were required to carry concealed weapons I suspect the general public would be in more danger from them than from  any potential terrorists. As my Dad used to say it's always the "unloaded" guns that go off accidentaly and kill someone.

Message 24 of 66
Latest reply

Canada under attack

Our current batch of politicians is dangerous enough to the general public welfare already, without the added risk of them possibly shooting someone first and asking insincere questions later.

Message 25 of 66
Latest reply

Canada under attack

Lol Smiley LOL....real funny iapetus.....because it is so true!!

Message 26 of 66
Latest reply

Canada under attack

Just try and picture Christopher Pyne with a .38 waving it around like a toy.....or Bronwyn Bishop with a weapon tucked into her girdle *yeeks!.......

.....at least Abbott's amblin gait won't look so out of place once he's donned a pair of budgie smugglers over his cowboy leather chaps - then he can adopt a stance where he rests his hands on his holstered guns......*A-REEBA! Areeba!!

Cowboy Tony Abbott

Howdy, Duke ... Opposition Leader Tony Abbott / Digitally altered image Source: The Daily Telegraph

............feel free to add your own caption btw ............* eye roll

Message 27 of 66
Latest reply

Canada under attack

@watta*drama*queen wrote:

Years ago or not they are not irrevelant

The locations were decidedly different to striking at the centre of a nation's government though, as they did in Canada.

This seems, somehow, more threatening.

Mosman Town Hall and the Syndney Hilton Hotel have not yet achieved that status

But do you realise what was happening at the Hilton Hotel at the time?   It was the setting for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Regional Meeting.

Not only was our PM being targetted but also the heads of Government in the Pacific Region.

Message 28 of 66
Latest reply

Canada under attack

Surely that only underlines that fanatical religious groups shoud not be tolerated in this country?

Message 29 of 66
Latest reply

Canada under attack

@ufo_investigations wrote:

I don't know how prepared our politicians are but relying just on cops is not enough, all members of parliament should be carrying a concealed .38 revolver. You can't just expect law enforcement to be watching everyone 24 hours a day. It worked in Canada, someone stopped him.

A politician did not kill the gunman in Canada. 

Message 30 of 66
Latest reply