Carbon tax axed

nero_bolt
Community Member

EXCELLENT NEWS and about time

After years of political debate, the Senate has voted to axe the tax, 39 ayes to 32 noes.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Carbon tax axed

Penny on carbon: Abbott to go down as one of most short sighted, opportunistic, selfish & small ppl ever to hold the office of PM -Team Wong

Thursday’s repeal also axed hundreds of millions of dollars in funding for the Australian Renewable Energy Agency, despite the Palmer United Party and Senator Muir signalling they will not vote for the agency’s abolition in a bill to be considered later this year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/carbon-tax-is-gone-repeal-bills-pass-the-senat...

Message 21 of 73
Latest reply

Carbon tax axed

today......love it:womanlol:

One more go.

Q: Doesn't Mr Abbott have a mandate for his direct action approach to climate change?

Shorten:

Direct action is a Clayton's climate policy designed for the audience of Internet trolls and shock jock radio announcers and climate sceptics.

It is a mandate from the flat earth society to give a lot of money to big polluters.

Message 22 of 73
Latest reply

Carbon tax axed

couldn't have said it better...Mr Shorten on abbott

Tony Abbott is sleep-walking Australia to an environmental and economic disaster. Tony Abbott has demonstrated time and time again that he is an environmental vandal with no view of the future.

He will try and do and say anything to avoid the science of climate change, he still believes as he famously said, it is absolute bleep. Australians now know who Tony Abbott is.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/17/carbon-tax-repeal-debate-resumes-in-the-senate-politics...

Message 23 of 73
Latest reply

Carbon tax axed

well after all the hoo hah about it, i wonder if we will see any drop in prices for anything over the next 12 months? that remains to be seen. somehow I doubt it lol.

if I don't see any price reductions, im blaming Tony for lying to us.

ha 39 - 32 isn't exactly what I'd call a crystal clear mandate

Message 24 of 73
Latest reply

Carbon tax axed

About time...Woman Happy

A stupid tax...... liked by stupid people.

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 25 of 73
Latest reply

Carbon tax axed

The only stupid people are the ones who believe that their electricity bills will miraculously drop.

Or there are those stupid people that think that Abbott has done this for the good of the country and ordinary Australians.

Thick as planks if people believe that.

Message 26 of 73
Latest reply

Carbon tax axed

It's actually a really sad day for this country and says much about the lack of governmental intelligence.

Message 27 of 73
Latest reply

Carbon tax axed

the grub

Message 28 of 73
Latest reply

Carbon tax axed

Tim Flannery....gone

Climate Commission.....gone

Carbon Tax......gone

.....giggle........Woman Wink

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 29 of 73
Latest reply

Carbon tax axed

Carbon Price (NOT tax) has died.....

rip......it will be back!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgPePk3kGZk

In the interim - where's me $550 please?Smiley Surprised

..... just more lies and BS

Message 30 of 73
Latest reply