Change the way you wash your hair.

imastawka
Honored Contributor

We've all been doing it wrong.

Everyone tends to keep his or her shower routine pretty simple and consistent. Wet your hair, shampoo, condition, wash your body, wash your face, and then do whatever else you need to do to get clean.

But recently, hair care brands and stylists have been suggesting that you switch things up and condition your hair first followed by shampoo

This method helps your hair not get weighed down by shampoo, which allows it to have more volume and nourishment. The shampoo works to whisk away any excess conditioner that may cause your hair to look greasy or flat.

Switching your hair cleaning routine is especially helpful for people with fine, damaged, knotty, thin, greasy, or highlighted hair.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle/style/why-you-should-swap-your-shower-routine-and-condition-befor...

I wanted to test this theory before I posted.  I've washed my hair twice with this method

of conditioner first. wash, rinse, wash, rinse......and then I did conditioner again.

The conditioner before the shampoo makes your hair very soft and easier to style IMO.

It also means using less shampoo.  I found that a small amount lathers up a lot.

I also found that it dries quicker, because it hasn't absorbed so much water.

My hair is only ever this soft when I leave the hairdressers.

Try it.  Just once,  and see the difference.

Come back and tell me what you think 

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Yep, thinka better quality shampoo & conditioner are in order to keep that lot under control.

Message 21 of 47
Latest reply

Doing it Cat Very Happy

Message 22 of 47
Latest reply

I hope that it works for the people willing to give it a go.

Cos all I've gotten from people I've told,  is laughter and derision.

But I know it works for me

Message 23 of 47
Latest reply

Here's a Big Santa Hug for you because you're as special as Christmas.   🙂

7653398-Santa-ready-to-give-you-a-hug-No-transparency-used-Basic-linear-gradients-used--Stock-Vector.jpg

In spite of what people may say, I think your idea sounds great, and once I've grown more than 3mm of hair, I'll give it a go.

🙂

Message 24 of 47
Latest reply

Awww thanks, Ecar     Blonde Hair

Message 25 of 47
Latest reply

I am not sure it will make any difference to my hair Stawks....there is not a hair on my head longer than 2cm after my haircut 2 weeks ago.   I never have a problem with knots.

Now if I had known about this many years ago I would certainly have tried it....I used to be able to sit on my plaits when I was at school and it took the whole of Saturday afternoon for Mum to wash and detangle my crowning glory.  Oh how I hated it.

Maybe that is why I over-reacted and now have it so short.

Message 26 of 47
Latest reply

2 packets of **bleep**s roughly cost the same as 2 visits to my hairdresser, so as a NON smoker now I treat myself twice a week to a wash/condition/massage and blowwave..and it is wonderful!!

Message 27 of 47
Latest reply

@nicnacs_4u wrote:

2 packets of **bleep**s roughly cost the same as 2 visits to my hairdresser, so as a NON smoker now I treat myself twice a week to a wash/condition/massage and blowwave..and it is wonderful!!

bleeps = short word meaning cigarettes rhymes with dags... didn`t know that word was a no no

Message 28 of 47
Latest reply

Just don't say it in public.    You might come to grief if particular men hear you.

Message 29 of 47
Latest reply

Sooooo,  any results out there?

Anybody?    Or did ya all forget

Message 30 of 47
Latest reply