Coffee Machines - Recommendations please. :)

Thinking about buying one for my husband & daughter for Christmas. As I am not a coffee drinker myself, I am a bit clueless about what brand/type to get to be honest. Something that does the different kinds of coffees would be great.

Last year I made the mistake of buying one of those Pod type machines and apparently the coffee is pretty bad, so I am looking to redeem myself and buy something decent for them. Smiley Embarassed I might add also I don't want to spend a fortune.

I would appreciate any input and the benefit of those with experience!

TIA 🙂

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Coffee Machines - Recommendations please. :)

I have had the aldi pod one for about 2 years and it is great, I usually buy about 4 different pods and find the coffee quite good. I didn't like the low temp though so now I add hot water from the kettle instead of cold.

Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

Cavoodle, 

Now that we have solved your problem.... not. 

As you can see; coffee drinkers have their own idea about how to make good coffee. 

1. My sister only uses a french press, and she would not be caught dead drinking coffee from an electric machine. 

2. My step-son used the pod maker, and drinks a lot of coffee every day. He loves the convenience of being able to make one cup at a time. 

3. My BIL uses the expensive espresso machine. 

4. I like the good 'ol  fashioned Mr. Coffee drip maker. 

At the end of the day, good coffee is what I'm looking for in the morning. I'll take a cup of coffee from any of the above methods if it tastes good. 

Why not ask your husband and daughter which method of coffee making they might prefer? You can still surprise them with the preferred "type" of maker, and maybe a bag or two of their favorite coffee too? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
no siggy
Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

haha Richo! Thank you though 🙂

Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

HIya tcm, long time since I have posted to you. 🙂

My daughter likes lattes and cappucino's, my husband Long Blacks and Latee's and Cap's depending on his mood, so the drip machine wouldn't cut it to keep them both happy. 🙂

That's why I thought a god machine could give them the variety IYKWIM?

Hope all is well with you. 🙂

Thank you paints, martini and Richo for your input too!

I will await to hear others views as well.

Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

♫.Once our beer was frothy-now its.frothy coffee♪

and fings aint wot they used to be......Max Bygraves

Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

I think you are going to want one of those espresso machines that makes cappuccino too. 

The De'Longhi seems to fit the bill. 

I think my husband would love a machine like the one below. 

Screen shot 2014-11-05 at 3.36.58 PM.png

no siggy
Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

For ten years my husband and I have had a Senseo (on our second machine now) 

senseo

We then use eco pods so we can fill them with our own choice of fine ground coffee beans. At the moment we like Vittoria Coffee.

milk frother

We use this if we feel like a spoil.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

Dixo, I like the simple lines of that machine. Having a separate frother seems ideal. 

no siggy
Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

We have an Aldi coffee machine too, love it.

For frothed milk though the Aldi milk frother just wasn't cutting it so we splurged and bought ourselves a Breville Milk Frother. It makes the best froth.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

I'm bumping the thread, because my Step-son sent us a Nespresso machine for Xmas. It came with a frother, which is wonderful.

I hated it at first. I like a large strong cup of coffee in the morning. These machines make a very nice small espresso. A Big cup of coffee is only possible if I use several pods, since it tastes like horrible watered down coffee if I add extra water only. 

I don't have anything to compare it to... but it works well, and the coffee is good. The pods cost about a dollar a piece. 

I'm keeping my Mr. Coffee too, because the new machine just doesn't cut it in the big cuppa department. 

no siggy
Message 30 of 35
Latest reply