Commodore VE battery

Anyone changed one themselves? And did you need to recode anything afterwards? I mean who puts a battery in the boot, thought my eye sight was failing when I looked under the bonnet 🙂

Daughters car has been here for a month, knew the battery needed replacing and now wont even jump start, so new battery it has to be. But hard to get it down to Battery Zone  when it wont start lol

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Commodore VE battery

Never had a wagon.

Have you been driving the VE much?  It does have a huge boot!

Photobucket

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Commodore VE battery

Put a charger on it for a few hours and then try the jump start again, jumper leads wont start a car with a completely dead or flat battery

call road side assistance to get it going

The radio will need its security code

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

I had thought of a charger but I don't have one, #1 son took it when he moved 🙂 Road side assistance would be good if I knew daughters details but she away skiing and can't be contacted, poor reception up there. hmmmm maybe try my roadside assistance?

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

If it's absolutely dead flat, codes will need to be entered. If it's just very low, still have dash lights etc, usually codes won't be lost. You can now get a little device with a small 12v battery, that clips across the terminals, and provides enough current to keep codes stored. Or you can make one using a 23A keyless remote battery. If you change batteries and don't use something like that, then codes, most commonly the radio as Hawk mentioned, will be lost.

Yes, I have an opinion. No you don't have to agree with it. Yes I do have a right to it.
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

Or, if you can afford to waste the fuel, connect the donor car via jumper leads, and leave it running for a good 15-20 minutes, and see if it'll start then.

Yes, I have an opinion. No you don't have to agree with it. Yes I do have a right to it.
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

Tried that Carl no go, so battery is beyond it.

Thanks for the replies 🙂

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

Make sure you get the right battery, it must have a small amount of acid, otherwise you cannot recharge it.

I can't remember why the battery is in the boot, but there is a reason for that, apart from no room under the bonnet 

EDIT: should have said, we just had to get a new one, had our mechanic supply and install it.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

Battery Zone are really good, they installed a new battery in my car last month. They will for a small charge call out and fit one 🙂

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

our mechanic didn't charge to fit it, he sourced, supplied and fitted for the price.

Been a bit of an expensive month or so with our VE, big service, battery, and tyres and front and rear wheel alignment *sigh*  Smiley LOL

Photobucket
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

I can't remember why the battery is in the boot, but there is a reason for that, apart from no room under the bonnet 

i dont see the benefits for it on a carpy VE commodore and when they have rear wheel drive

but its for weight distribution in order for the car the handle a bit better on the road

it would come into play..say for instance on a car where most of the weight is up front, engine up front...front wheel drive, for a better  balance of weight

Signatures suck.
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply