Commodore VE battery

Anyone changed one themselves? And did you need to recode anything afterwards? I mean who puts a battery in the boot, thought my eye sight was failing when I looked under the bonnet 🙂

Daughters car has been here for a month, knew the battery needed replacing and now wont even jump start, so new battery it has to be. But hard to get it down to Battery Zone  when it wont start lol

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Commodore VE battery

@my2cuddlycats_not wrote:

our mechanic didn't charge to fit it, he sourced, supplied and fitted for the price.

Been a bit of an expensive month or so with our VE, big service, battery, and tyres and front and rear wheel alignment *sigh*  Smiley LOL

Yes #1 daughter has paid out quite a bit on servicing this year too. Now a battery 😞 I shopped around and Battery Zone were about the best here, plus our mechanic is back in Lilydale.

Are you happy with yours cuddly? She wants me to have her VE with all the mod cons now she has bought a 7 seater.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

love the VE Carole, although I did today just pay my first ever speeding fine in 35 years driving *sob* The poor old '81 Commodore was harder to speed in lmao

And VE's are not carpy, either, they are a great car!

Photobucket
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

I am debating whether to have it or not as it's a sedan. Having had a wagon of sorts for over 30 years I would miss one.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

Never had a wagon.

Have you been driving the VE much?  It does have a huge boot!

Photobucket
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

hahaha pressed the wrong button so you're now green cuddly.

I have driven it a bit in the past, but not since she left it here.  Yes the boot is huge but can't get  things in like a wagon.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Commodore VE battery

lol

Not going to say whether you should or you shouldn't, just I do love "The Monstrosity", as I call our VE

Heart

Photobucket
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply