Coronavirus update

Coronavirus update: Formula One Grand Prix called off, Trump announces travel ban, Tom Hanks tests positive

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-12/coronavirus-live-updates-mclaren-lewis-hamilton-travel-ban/12...

Message 1 of 3,689
Latest reply
3,688 REPLIES 3,688

Re: Coronavirus update

Zero community transmitted cases in QLD today.

I think the State Government managed the recent outbreak very well, although I suspect they were a bit lucky. The lockdown only lasted 3 days, and despite new cases they ceased it, but kept masks mandatory for a week. I think they would have continued with the lockdown had it not been Easter. This could have gone bad for the Govt. and Queenslanders, but so far it hasn't. Here's hoping it stays that way.

Message 3671 of 3,689
Latest reply

Easter trading is huge, so businesses were mostly okay with lock down prior to it. They will well and truly make up for it over the weekend.

As for the 0 new cases, time will tell, but she usually jumps on it pretty damn quick and I think that is why we we are one of the least affected states in Oz.

Message 3672 of 3,689
Latest reply

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/apr/06/scott-morrison-blames-international-supply-fo...

The EU has denied blocking shipments of 3.1m doses of AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine from going to Australia, contradicting Scott Morrison’s claim that international supply issues were to blame for missing rollout targets.

OMG

Message 3674 of 3,689
Latest reply

Wouldn't trust the EU, the pharmaceutical company or Scomo.  All playing politics!!

Message 3675 of 3,689
Latest reply

when will we find out the vax isnt being kept at that rediculously low temps?

where are all the super fridges coming from?

you would think procurring hundreds of super fridges would take time

Message 3676 of 3,689
Latest reply

Wasn 't the super cold just for the Pfizer one?  

Message 3677 of 3,689
Latest reply

from what i understand only the one queensland university was developing was ok in normal temps

but i may be wrong

Message 3678 of 3,689
Latest reply

AstraZeneca can be stored and transported at normal refrigerated temps of 2 degrees to 8 degrees Celsius for at least six months and can be administered in "existing healthcare settings".  On the other hand Pfizer must be kept at a frigid -70 degrees Celsius.  Moderna, has said its vaccine can also be stored at 2 degrees to 8 degrees Celsius and is shelf-stable at room temps for 12 hours.

Message 3680 of 3,689
Latest reply