Coronavirus update

Coronavirus update: Formula One Grand Prix called off, Trump announces travel ban, Tom Hanks tests positive

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-12/coronavirus-live-updates-mclaren-lewis-hamilton-travel-ban/12...

Message 1 of 3,689
Latest reply
3,688 REPLIES 3,688

Coronavirus update

@*kazumi* wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@*kazumi* wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

What is it with the Chinese? They can't just kill cows, sheep and pigs to eat like we do?

Most Chinese people just eat chicken or pork.  Number of Australians go hunting and eat wildlife what they kill.  I even heard of people who will eat road kill. 

Facts? Figures? Given that the number of Australians who have permits to own the implements necessary for hunting are few.

Your personal opinions aren't necessarily facts. You need to back your opinions up with verifiable facts if you want people to take you seriously. I don't, btw. Too much hyperbole, too little fact.

Yummy ! 

Yummy.jpg

Have you heard of the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party ?

Baby flying fox meets colt industries  ?

Message 1301 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@*kazumi* wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

Talking of the virus, is anyone watching the covid 19 tracker? I am and I have started taking daily screenshots. I am noticing some rubbish stats coming out and it is shock to me that no one has called them out on it. Maybe someone has.

Nonsense stat 1. China's total & active cases today and yesterday were reported to be the same (88423 and 2006). Exactly the same. Highly unlikely. No other nation's is totally static.

And USA. Numbers through the roof but get this. Click on some states such as Calif & NY and not one recovered case recorded. I call BS on that. Those states have had the virus hanging around at least as long and in some cases longer than we have here in Vic and most of our cases have recovered. I would have assumed the US just was not recording recovered cases except in some states, they are showing.

So I think we have huge differences in how cases are being recorded from place to place and I am not convinced USA has as many active cases as it is showing as having. (Currently 703,877 cases out of a total of 824069). or perhaps it is just that website.

China has been in lock down for 3 months; they only started slowly reducing the drastic precautions when they stopped having local transmissions.  They still have 2 weeks quarantine for anybody arriving into China.  Few weeks back they had handful of cases when people came in over land from Russia, and infected people in the small border town; they  immediately had that town isolated.  So, I am absolutely not surprised China has it under control.  Nobody else took as drastic measures as China did.  Of course, they may get a second wave, but they know what worked and will isolate any area that gets few cases.

America does not have enough test kits, some of them are suspect.  So, they do not test enough, and some of the results may not be accurate.   They are also reporting some unexplained complications like blood clots, despite putting people on anticoagulants.  They are amputating limbs and do not know how is it happening.  On top of that  America does not not have social security, and people locked down cities are now depending on foodbanks for food.  In NY people are standing in line for 7 hours to get a box of groceries.  And with people ignoring social distancing, they have no chance containing it any time soon. 

The UK is under enormous pressure with cases, death and complications rising.  Again, unless you test the whole population, the stats about infections are not going to be accurate.  And it takes one asymptomatic spreader to create huge problem. 

I watch the development on:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

This is updated regularly, as the data comes in; however in some times the increase in death or cases may not show because the numbers have not come in.

Nor sure how " under control" China is. Where are the victory parades , gala public banquets , people's unity under adversity  medals struck , speeches before the multitudes , recreation holiday declared to redo the lost China new year , mourning for the dead ceremonies ? 

Message 1302 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

Message 1303 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@*kazumi* wrote:

@go-tazz wrote:

The Governments went on what WHO told them as they are supposed to be the experts and

they also partially went on what China told them.

They were getting the wrong information and believed what WHO told them on the 20th of

February that it can be easily controlled.

WHO has never said the virus can be easily controlled!  On the contrary they kept saying it has a pandemic potential, which was 100% correct on the info they had.  If they declared pandemic too early and nothing happened, they would have been abused too.  China never said it can be easily controlled; locking down whole province is hardly "easy".  Until this moment Chinese people have gone through 3 months of lockdowns, and severe restrictions are continuing.   People lost their jobs and businesses.  But they have brought it under control; their new cases are imported with people coming back home, but as they still have quarantine, it is not getting out of hand.

On 30 January WHO declared it a public health emergency of international concern

https://www.who.int/ihr/procedures/pheic/en/

I don't understand why countries decided just to ignore that warning, but then many were downplaying it long after a pandemic was declared

Message 1304 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@cezm wrote:

@*kazumi* wrote:

@go-tazz wrote:

The Governments went on what WHO told them as they are supposed to be the experts and

they also partially went on what China told them.

They were getting the wrong information and believed what WHO told them on the 20th of

February that it can be easily controlled.

WHO has never said the virus can be easily controlled!  On the contrary they kept saying it has a pandemic potential, which was 100% correct on the info they had.  If they declared pandemic too early and nothing happened, they would have been abused too.  China never said it can be easily controlled; locking down whole province is hardly "easy".  Until this moment Chinese people have gone through 3 months of lockdowns, and severe restrictions are continuing.   People lost their jobs and businesses.  But they have brought it under control; their new cases are imported with people coming back home, but as they still have quarantine, it is not getting out of hand.

On 30 January WHO declared it a public health emergency of international concern

I don't understand why countries decided just to ignore that warning, but then many were downplaying it long after a pandemic was declared

Oh yes , a Chinese problem ... long way away 

Message 1305 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:
Only in America.

https://youtu.be/toDHKNqHv4g

For some can not relate to the potential for mass die off in their city - as has only been at the moment a disaster in just a few large cities

But springtime is there and so renewed health and vigour of the survivors.

Look out for round two next winter - as the virus has established right across that continent and if like the cold will re-emerge next time from colder states progressively downwards country wide like Sherman's scorched earth march

But hopefully not.

Message 1306 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

They need to look at the Truck drivers log book to see how long he had been driving.

The Low life DH that was driving the porsche well I hope they throw the book at him for speeding being on drugs and taking pictures, disgusting

Message 1307 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@rogespeed wrote:

@*kazumi* wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@*kazumi* wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

What is it with the Chinese? They can't just kill cows, sheep and pigs to eat like we do?

Most Chinese people just eat chicken or pork.  Number of Australians go hunting and eat wildlife what they kill.  I even heard of people who will eat road kill. 

Facts? Figures? Given that the number of Australians who have permits to own the implements necessary for hunting are few.

Your personal opinions aren't necessarily facts. You need to back your opinions up with verifiable facts if you want people to take you seriously. I don't, btw. Too much hyperbole, too little fact.

Yummy ! 

Yummy.jpg

Jeez, there surely wouldn't be much meat on them skinny li'l bats...

Cat Sad

Message 1308 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@cezm wrote:

On 30 January WHO declared it a public health emergency of international concern.

This a correct link and it was only an international concern the same as they have done for other

outbreaks and NOT a pandemic.

https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/30-01-2020-statement-on-the-second-meeting-of-the-international...)

And in that link they also said that no travel restriction should be imposed to and from China yet that became

the biggest risk to all the countries of the world and the most stupid statement they have made..

They didn't ignore it as by then it was way to late to do anything much against it as over five million people left

China to spread it around the world dispite WHO saying that wasn't a problem.It took them until the 11th of March to declare it a Pnademic.

WHO characterizes COVID-19 as a pandemic

11 March 2020

Speaking at the COVID-19 media briefing, the WHO Director-General said: 

"WHO has been assessing this outbreak around the clock and we are deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction.

We have therefore made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterized as a pandemic.

Pandemic is not a word to use lightly or carelessly. It is a word that, if misused, can cause unreasonable fear, or unjustified acceptance that the fight is over, leading to unnecessary suffering and death.

Describing the situation as a pandemic does not change WHO’s assessment of the threat posed by this virus. It doesn’t change what WHO is doing, and it doesn’t change what countries should do.

We have never before seen a pandemic sparked by a coronavirus.

This is the first pandemic caused by a coronavirus.

And we have never before seen a pandemic that can be controlled, at the same time."

Message 1309 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@icyfroth wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@*kazumi* wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@*kazumi* wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Yummy ! 

Yummy.jpg

Jeez, there surely wouldn't be much meat on them skinny li'l bats...

Cat Sad

I think the actual bat in that condition is a garnish rather than literally part of the eaten soup  - The Chinese seem to like the representative presence of what they are indulging in - like the whole fish presented on platter , the next candidate swimming in the fish tank near the front door .

Must be a national not for export cultural thing from the days i suppose when there was no refrigeration and so game had to be kept alive until the last moment and kept alive onsite - then with space limited , crowded cages - just becomes an accepted way of life - until limitations of nature is crossed.....

Message 1310 of 3,689
Latest reply