Community Spirit
Show your community spirit! Talk with fellow members about non eBay related topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Australian lobsters stuck in Chinese airports

Tonnes of Australian lobsters stuck in Chinese airports amid trade tensions https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-02/australian-lobster-exports-caught-in-china-trade-tensions/12837700 i have no sympathy for companies selling our sea food to china when ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Legalize Marijuana Yes or No?

This is an issue that I have mixed thoughts on. At the moment there's a huge problem with Ice and it seems it will never go away. The fact that it's rife in some country towns is a very scary thing. Should we just say To heck with it, let people puff...

• 36 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Why You Should Wrap Your Car Keys In Aluminium Foil

Protect your car against theftMany new car models have an amazing new feature: a keyless start system. With this feature you can open your car without sticking the key in the lock or pressing a button. The car uses sensors to connect to the car key a...

• 1 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Wealth and the rest of us

I noticed 2 things recently - the Government reduced struggle class funding by about 25% - and some of the billionaires have realised a corona bonus of 100% increase in gross wealth I suppose both have no nett personal income tax but one seems a litt...

• 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! Caption this # 291

Caption this #291 Winner will be the caption that has the most kudos.In the case of a tie, winner will be decided by OP. Winner to start the new round. Closes Monday 2nd November mid afternoon-ish Have fun

User avatar by Honored Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Sean Connery: James Bond actor dies aged 90

Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90, his family has said. The Scottish actor was best known for his portrayal of James Bond, being the first to bring the role to the big screen and appearing in seven of the spy thrillers. Sir Sean died peacefu...

User avatar by Honored Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Helpful

The World Is Running Out of Sand

It's difficult to believe that sand — that seemingly innocuous little granule — could cause any trouble, let alone lead to murder.And that's probably because we tend to take it for granted."Even though most people never even think about it, sand is a...

• 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Australia Post go slow

Is it me or have others noticed a recent slowing of postal distribution centre processing times for items delivered from Melbourne item 1 Sent 3rd Aug delivered 9th Aug 6 days to deliver item 2 sent 10 oct delivered 16th Oct 6 days to deliver item 3 ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful

NSW Govt Offers Fluoridation Sweetener

The NSW government is offering a $7.5 million incentive that it hopes will persuade recalcitrant councils to fluoridate their drinking water.But Health Minister Jillian Skinner says the government won't be supporting a Labor bill that would give stat...

• 292 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Resolved! 4 day music challenge - theme is: ANY OF THE FIVE SENSES

4 day Music Challenge - Theme is :ANY OF THE FIVE SENSESEnds Sat 31st October (lunchtime)The poster of the song that receives the most kudos at the end of the challenge, wins that round.The winner then chooses the next theme, starts a new thread, hos...

• 23 replies
  • 1 Helpful