Coronavirus update

Coronavirus update: Formula One Grand Prix called off, Trump announces travel ban, Tom Hanks tests positive

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-12/coronavirus-live-updates-mclaren-lewis-hamilton-travel-ban/12...

Message 1 of 3,689
Latest reply
3,688 REPLIES 3,688

Coronavirus update

@rogespeed wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

Musings from possibly an alternate universe : 

This afternoon dunny paper ( despite rationing) and now potatoes , at least in part seems strongly a veiled statement of consternation regarding the virus crisis or the issues behind the handling of the crisis that has interrupted cosy lifestyle or powers in waiting , by those who expected no mitigating action , even no disclosure of a new flu like virus - just a quiet removal of " boomer" age people through seasonal respiratory complications 

No shortage of cigs and booze - go figure 

OK then - I don't consider myself lacking - but the only bit I got was - the cigs & booze.

Go figure.

Meant that some sorts out there may have preferred that coronavirus be just considered another flu and treated accordingly , with traditional values "boomer age" passings being of no alarm , and with the paupered emerging liberated new hope millennials being blissfully spared 

Would not need many individuals of that sentiment to express their angst by buying just enougth t/paper items to trigger a stampede of the flighty shopper herd  and so create a statement using the herd as a cover 

For god's sake, roge, please learn sentence construction. Very few people anywhere would bother to read what you write, regardless of validity.

Message 241 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@davewil1964 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

This afternoon dunny paper ( despite rationing) and now potatoes , at least in part seems strongly a veiled statement of consternation regarding the virus crisis or the issues behind the handling of the crisis that has interrupted cosy lifestyle or powers in waiting , by those who expected no mitigating action , even no disclosure of a new flu like virus - just a quiet removal of " boomer" age people through seasonal respiratory complications 

OK then - I don't consider myself lacking - but the only bit I got was - the cigs & booze.

Go figure.

Meant that some sorts out there may have preferred that coronavirus be just considered another flu and treated accordingly , with traditional values "boomer age" passings being of no alarm , and with the paupered emerging liberated new hope millennials being blissfully spared 

Would not need many individuals of that sentiment to express their angst by buying just enougth t/paper items to trigger a stampede of the flighty shopper herd  and so create a statement using the herd as a cover 

For god's sake, roge, please learn sentence construction. Very few people anywhere would bother to read what you write, regardless of validity.

ok , so what now ? the infection rate curb is not flattening like South Korea's , maybe we should be studying their mitigation and  treatment procedures 
Message 242 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

Go figure.

ok , so what now ? the infection rate curb is not flattening like South Korea's , maybe we should be studying their mitigation and  treatment procedures 

We are not a police state. Also, we are a few weeks behind South Korea, Italy and Spain as far as infection rates are concerned. Ask me again in a fortnight. Not that I have any medical expertise. As I doubt anybody here has. The comments here, including mine, are but froth.

Message 243 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@davewil1964 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

Go figure.

We are not a police state. Also, we are a few weeks behind South Korea, Italy and Spain as far as infection rates are concerned. Ask me again in a fortnight. Not that I have any medical expertise. As I doubt anybody here has. The comments here, including mine, are but froth.

to late in a fortnight - as evidenced from recent experience of other countries as reported frothless 

Message 244 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

Are the Olympics being postponed because of coronavirus? Organisers say they don't have to decide yet

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-20/tokyo-olympics-coronavirus-pandemic-covid-19/12072950

the question is why arnt the Olympics being postponed?

because they cost billions of $ and money talks?

Message 245 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

@rogespeed wrote:

This is what seems to work, who would have thought:

https://www.livescience.com/small-italian-town-cuts-coronavirus-cases-testing.html

Message 246 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

US President Donald Trump says anti-malaria drug could be coronavirus 'game changer'

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-20/trump:-anti-malaria-drug-could-be-virus-game-changer/12073424

scientists and doctors worldwide can be heard saying

OMG, Donald, you might just have found the needle in the haystack! we would never have thought of testing 'other' drugs on this virus!

why arnt you in charge of this mess?

Message 247 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

Coronavirus fatalities rise in Australia after 81yo woman dies in Sydney

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-20/coronavirus-death-toll-rises-in-australia/12071910

Message 248 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

We could do with this lot.

Around 100 Australian doctors, dentists, nurses and their partners on a medical conference cruise are stranded aboard a Hurtigruten ship caught off the coast of Chile, after the country tightened its travel restrictions amid the pandemic.

Message 249 of 3,689
Latest reply

Coronavirus update

My partner had her dentist appointment cancelled as the dentist was stuck on a cruise ship. 

Message 250 of 3,689
Latest reply