Could there be another planet behind the Sun?

23 REPLIES 23

just say this planet did exist

no one will ever know or be able to travel to it

because you wil never get close enough to the sun to by pass it

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

A Counter-Earth would have gravitational influence (perturbation
) upon the other planets, comets and man-made probes of the Solar System
.[18]
 No such influence has been detected, and indeed space probes sent to Venus
, Mars
 and other places could not have successfully flown by or landed on their targets if a Counter-Earth existed, as it was not accounted for in navigational calculation. Roughly speaking, anything larger than 100 miles (160 km) in diameter should have been detected.[19]

The gravitational forces of the other planets on a Counter-Earth would make "its" orbit unstable. Venus
 has 82% of the mass of Earth and would come within 0.3 Astronomical unit
 of the location of a Counter Earth every 20 months, providing considerable gravitational pull that over the years would move its orbit into sight of observers on Earth.[20]
 If a Counter-Earth was much smaller than Earth, its location at the "Sun–Earth L3
"Lagrangian point
 (see diagram), would mean the combined gravitational pull of the two large masses of Earth and Sun would provide "precisely the centripetal force required to orbit with them". But a small planet would be even more influenced by the orbit of Venus, Mars
 and Jupiter making it even more unstable.

So the answer is no.
Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:
A Counter-Earth would have gravitational influence (perturbation
) upon the other planets, comets and man-made probes of the Solar System
.[18]
 No such influence has been detected, and indeed space probes sent to Venus
, Mars
 and other places could not have successfully flown by or landed on their targets if a Counter-Earth existed, as it was not accounted for in navigational calculation. Roughly speaking, anything larger than 100 miles (160 km) in diameter should have been detected.[19]

The gravitational forces of the other planets on a Counter-Earth would make "its" orbit unstable. Venus
 has 82% of the mass of Earth and would come within 0.3 Astronomical unit
 of the location of a Counter Earth every 20 months, providing considerable gravitational pull that over the years would move its orbit into sight of observers on Earth.[20]
 If a Counter-Earth was much smaller than Earth, its location at the "Sun–Earth L3
"Lagrangian point
 (see diagram), would mean the combined gravitational pull of the two large masses of Earth and Sun would provide "precisely the centripetal force required to orbit with them". But a small planet would be even more influenced by the orbit of Venus, Mars
 and Jupiter making it even more unstable.

So the answer is no.

So end of Hypothetical Question. Thank you. !

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

Woman Surprised  well, uhh, mm, d don't worry about that planet behind the sun, nothing to see there, umm, iit, it's just a reflection, only crazy immages from all the solar flares and hot spots.. excuse me, i have to go make some calls.. Woman Embarassed

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

@ufo_investigations wrote:

Do you think it's there?

http://www.universetoday.com/119065/could-there-be-another-planet-behind-the-sun/

Of course it's there! It's called Nibiru - and it's coming to get us!

(Although the You Tube experts aren't too sure when - the date keeps getting pushed back every year. It must be coming by public transport...that's never on time, either!).

And the NWO, the Annunaki, the poisonous chemtrails, the reptilian overlords in government, the secret US bunkers...all real, too!

And let's not forget the 2nd coming - even though that's also 2000 years late!

Tinfoil hats, anyone?

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

I want to know if The search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) has found anything yet on ANY planet,

let alone a new one.

Used to have it running on my computer in the 80's Smiley LOL

Anyone remember it ?

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

@vicr3000 wrote:

I want to know if The search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) has found anything yet on ANY planet,

let alone a new one.

Used to have it running on my computer in the 80's Smiley LOL

Anyone remember it ?

Yep. Unfortunately, the only times they thought they may have had a signal, it turned out upon further investigation, to be distant quasars.

Would be fascinating to know if there was more to the universe than just us...

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

Yep, It would be cool if we found other life.

My only concern is, we (the UN) would want to control it and in the process, kill it off.
Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

@vicr3000 wrote:

Yep, It would be cool if we found other life.

My only concern is, we (the UN) would want to control it and in the process, kill it off.

If not the UN, the theists. Can't have anything upsetting their religious applecart!

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

@softail-joanie wrote:

Woman Surprised  well, uhh, mm, d don't worry about that planet behind the sun, nothing to see there, umm, iit, it's just a reflection, only crazy immages from all the solar flares and hot spots.. excuse me, i have to go make some calls.. Woman Embarassed

What you mean nothing to see there? What if humanoid-aliens live there then what?

Imagine if their DNA is identical to ours it could be our ancestors. Got to find out!

😉

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply