Covid-19 survivors post

Just wondering if any other people here has suffered Covid-19 and what were your experiences

As for me i tested positive recently via pcr and RAT

I was self testing for the previous 3 or 4 days prior with neg results as i suffered painful flu like symptoms minus joint pain so tested for Covid daily  , while mitigating against the unknown illness by changing diet and isolating

Morning of day 4 tested neg using RAT then later tested pcr which was reported pos next day . Tested by RAT which showed pos , so awaited my fate .....

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Covid-19 survivors post

True about the cold virus not being confused in test results - I have been revising my experience with COVID-19 and so wondering about all aspects of this pandemic.

4 days ill , isolated as precaution, daily RAT neg , forth day RAT neg , test pcr , next day RAT pos , pcr returns POS , next 3 days RAT pos - run out of RAT test kits 

Sat out illness in tranquil totally isolated comfort , except loosing 500 grams weight per day and half way through episode aged about 20 years overnight ( scary ) but recovered over next day or two  

There are some aspects of my experience that I consider was helpful in assisting recovery however I can not prove are clinically valid - many people recovered with less issues than I. 

Message 41 of 47
Latest reply

I’m glad to hear that you got through it.

Message 42 of 47
Latest reply

I was fortunate as i am prone to pneumonia like conditions - early morning chills make me physically dysfunctional 

My living circumstances of easily arranged isolation seemed to have reduced increased viral loading - which to me I consider helpful

For me there seemed to be a precursor illness for 3 to 4 days which faded away , then i tested positive , but had no significant classic COVID symptoms for the duration 

Message 43 of 47
Latest reply

arctoph_49
Community Member

I still feel more tired than usual (after several months), but otherwise nothing really life-changing.

Message 44 of 47
Latest reply

I do realise that I was fortunate in being one of the 99.85% (within Australia) who became clinically confirmed infected with SARS-CoV-2 (At least of the nasal passages )  and survived.

Message 45 of 47
Latest reply

What surprised me (and caused enormous relief) weas that I didn't get bad cold symptoms. 

If I am prone to anything, it is to a blocked up, stuffy nose. I have had nasal polyps in the past, I have had colds where I felt I was suffocating.

So I was scared of covid but I barely had even a cough, just one occasional slight cough maybe 4 or 5 times a day. No blocked nose, no sore throat, nothing. 

Just a bad headache/migraine at the start.

Maybe it was because I had had booster vax not too many months before and I had higher immunity or maybe I just had a mild dose, I don't know. My husband caught it 5 days later and according to him it was one of the worst things he has ever had. But I was actually really full of energy after a day or two. I count myself lucky anyway.

Message 46 of 47
Latest reply

That is a good endorsement of booster shots 

Message 47 of 47
Latest reply