Covid-19 survivors post

Just wondering if any other people here has suffered Covid-19 and what were your experiences

As for me i tested positive recently via pcr and RAT

I was self testing for the previous 3 or 4 days prior with neg results as i suffered painful flu like symptoms minus joint pain so tested for Covid daily  , while mitigating against the unknown illness by changing diet and isolating

Morning of day 4 tested neg using RAT then later tested pcr which was reported pos next day . Tested by RAT which showed pos , so awaited my fate .....

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Covid-19 survivors post

The Federal budget is a disgusting statement on how important the government considers the health of ordinary Australians to be.

I can't say too much without sounding ridiculously political. It's not a political consideration for me; it is literally life and death, and I don't care which party does it... but we need to build up the resources of the health sector. Hospitals, sufficient (and well-trained and experienced) doctors and nurses and other health staff, equipment, paramedics, research... all of it has gone by the boards.

LongCOVID - no funding for research. I'm staggered.

Message 21 of 47
Latest reply

Covid-19 survivors post

bryzen
Community Member

Covid-19 survivors post

My guess is " LongCOVID" has not been documented  in manner relevant and with clear justifications to those whose authorising of funding is required for pertinent and effective research and implementation 

The same could be said about adverse post-vax reactions - although these instances are at least to some degree officially recorded 

New research of potentially critical emerging conditions usually starts with documenting a clearly observable developing surge in cases which threaten the economic status quo ie Ebola ? no research here... or a speculative or plausible encroaching condition which offers massive capital gains in the treatment thereof ie   over-weight sentiment 

So what to do if as an individual one has concerns ?

Message 24 of 47
Latest reply

Covid-19 survivors post

Covid is insidious 

Message 25 of 47
Latest reply

Covid-19 survivors post

so based upon your quoted data it might be helpful to access all listed potential conditions to a/ reveal any unknown conditions of concern b/ baseline health status , to reveal any future sudden unexpected declines and so justify intensive treatment

Message 26 of 47
Latest reply

Covid-19 survivors post

Post covid , unfortunately when wanting to compare covid and post-covid personal health , my circumstances changed which resulted in a less than optimal diet for my body type , at least in how i define my health and well being , which resulted in distorted health experiences relative to recent pre-covid infection and covid infection , however i tried to maintain my 2022 supplement regime 

My weight increased by an potentially deadly 11 kgs however now that i am slowly resuming my considered more optimal diet i have in recent weeks lost 2 kgs and gladly decreasing , with improved sense of well being 

Post covid seemed to have induced in me a chronic carb craving , so for me a battle of the mind 

During covid i had only a narrow range of food - the type which for me I think accidently assisted in maintaining health as these items were not detrimental during my crisis as defined that there were no sudden gross downturn in feelings of dynamic living 

I can not clinically define anything regarding my experiences and there are many variables and some of aspects of my personal health value system may not be valid so i have to be vague in my descriptions 

Message 27 of 47
Latest reply

Covid-19 survivors post

One thing i did notice was that during clinically confirmed covid-19 phase i had lower than normal body temperature .....

Message 28 of 47
Latest reply

Covid-19 survivors post

@rogespeed wrote:

One thing i did notice was that during clinically confirmed covid-19 phase i had lower than normal body temperature .....

As I said before, I basically live with COVID symptoms, but at some stage during the outbreak I felt worse than usual and measured my temperature. It was lower than my usual temperature, although not really low, just lower than my normal temperature.

I took a RAT - nothing. I even took a photo of the results and enlarged it. 100% negative. I took another RAT the day after - it was the same.

I did read online that sometimes temperatures can go down instead of up during an infection (when the body starts fighting itself instead of the infection). It was still normal in my case though, just lower than my normal temperature (by about 0.3).

Message 29 of 47
Latest reply

Covid-19 survivors post

My temp remained normal throughout my 16 days of covid positive, yet I was absolutely freezing the entire time. I still have bouts of feeling extremely cold. 
My long-covid symptoms have wained now, with very minimal effects remaining. The odd exhaustion but I also work shift work, so that could be it too.  
A bit from column A and a bit from column B 😉

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 30 of 47
Latest reply