Dear Mods...

*pepe
Community Member

What is the theory behind the word r a p e being reduced to **bleep** like its a smutty unacceptable word that must not be spoken here on Community Spirit?

R a p e is a serious and all too common occurence in our society and already is kept hidden by too many victims who feel the stigma of shame that society in general has attached to it.

It should be, NEEDS to be, freely discussed without any connotations of it being a dirty word.

By bleeping it out you are contributing to the stigma.

If you have a social conscience at all you will fix this immediately.

Message 1 of 121
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dear Mods...

Hello Everyone.

This issue was raised with the Community Manager and the word Rape has now been removed from the smut filter.

All Community Guidelines  must be followed when making posts within the eBay Community. Failure to follow the Community Guidelines will result in your post being subject to being Edited and/or Removed and sanctions may be applied to your account.

Thanks for all your contributions, and for your help in keeping the community a friendly, productive environment for all members.
NatashaK

View solution in original post

Message 105 of 121
Latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Dear Mods...

I second what Pepe said

Message 2 of 121
Latest reply

Dear Mods...

I'd be interested in getting an answer to this question too.

Message 3 of 121
Latest reply

Dear Mods...

agree 100%

i want to know why this word is on a filter?
Message 4 of 121
Latest reply

Dear Mods...

And why move it to another board.

It seems totally inappropriate to move it over here where people are asking questions about ebay trading.

Message 5 of 121
Latest reply

Dear Mods...

The solution is very very very simple.

All that has to be done is a minor adjustment to the profanity filter file.

Even thought the solution is simple and would take all of 10 seconds to apply, I am guessing that it will be a committee decision with endless discussion and it will be deferred indefinitely, put in the "too hard" basket and forgotten

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 6 of 121
Latest reply

Dear Mods...

agree 100% with the other posters......

Message 7 of 121
Latest reply

Dear Mods...

Out of virtual sight out of mind. this way it wont even get to the committee stage 😞

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 8 of 121
Latest reply

Dear Mods...

Hear Hear!

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

Dear Mods...

mods this does not belong on an obscure board used to ask questions about trading, it belongs where i posted it - on the community spirit board.

it is a relevant discussion

please move it back.

Message 10 of 121
Latest reply