Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

Re: Diary of our stinking Govt.

one thing I've never understood about the Murdoch empire is that his largest shareholder is the saudi prince, which is pretty bizarre considering all the stirring and war mongering the Murdoch papers do

Message 7691 of 17,615
Latest reply

so do we have a reason yet why George Soros would bribe all the scientists world wide to fake global warming??

Message 7692 of 17,615
Latest reply

I guess there isn't one then??

sorry. but it doesn't make any sense why someone would do that...

Message 7693 of 17,615
Latest reply

this is a worry, I know that some land around my way has also been purchased by coal companies

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/coal-companies-lock-up-large-regions-of-nsw-20150116-12rx4f.html

Coal companies lock up large regions of NSW

Almost one-quarter of freehold land in the Muswellbrook Local Government Area and large chunks of other parts of northern NSW are now owned or occupied by coal companies, a survey of land records by Lock the Gate shows.

The holdings, amounting to 284,093 hectares across eight local government areas, include 20,470 hectares of leases in state forests and other public lands.

Mining also accounts for significant shares of agricultural land in those two areas, with 23-27 per cent of the Biophysical Strategic Agricultural Land held by the coal companies. The tally includes areas to be set aside to offset mine destruction of threatened vegetation.

Message 7694 of 17,615
Latest reply

I don't hold much hope for the two druggies on death row.

I think the Indos are really wanting to send a strong message and last nights certainly did

considering how many foreigners were in the 6.

Message 7695 of 17,615
Latest reply

change of subject??

I'm still waiting to hear why George Soros would bribe scientists world wide to make us :think" we have global warming going on

Message 7696 of 17,615
Latest reply

Why would George Soros fund anit gun agenda ?

It's not going to affect him in his ivory tower.

Message 7697 of 17,615
Latest reply

well morals, ethics and common sense cover that...but climate change is an entirely different matter

Message 7698 of 17,615
Latest reply

AM3

Talking about corporate tax and obligations and I wold love to know if you are ver going to fulfil yours.

After a period, people should be forced to fulfil them.

Message 7699 of 17,615
Latest reply

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-18/swansea-mp-garry-edwards-expelled-from-liberal-party/6023600

Liberal Party expels Swansea MP Garry Edwards in wake of ICAC allegations

New South Wales MP Garry Edwards says he will not be abandoning his electorate of Swansea, despite being expelled from the Liberal Party.

Garry Edwards is one of 10 Liberal MPs who moved to the crossbench as a result of allegations put before the state's corruption watchdog.

The Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) heard that in 2010 the then Newcastle mayor and property developer Jeff McCloy gave Garry Edwards an envelope containing hundreds of dollars.

Mr Edwards told ICAC he took the envelope but did not open it.

OOOPS!!

Message 7700 of 17,615
Latest reply