Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

Re: Diary of our stinking Govt.

Woman LOL

Re Hockey's alleged aspirations to be PM

What leadership skills does Joe Hockey exhibit?

He seems to be a very poor communicator (we already have a PM that meets that description) and Hockey avoids communicating with the public in every way (including social media). Apart from a few 'Hockey Howlers' that is.

Can't think of anything that would give him 'leadership potential'.

Message 7741 of 17,615
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

Does this Govt forget taxpayers pay a Medicare Levy (except low income earners)?

They need to overhaul the whole system in a considered non-political way ( not some knee jerk fee idea dreamt up in a hurry before Christmas hols).  Instead of still taking taxpayers money to go towards Medicare AND trying to slug same people extra fees.

If the medicare levy doesn't bring in enough.. then the levy fails.. they need to look at the whole picture.

Yes, I'm sure they have forgotten. Either that or they think that everyone else has forgotten so now might be a good time to pull the wool over their collective eyes. 

Message 7742 of 17,615
Latest reply

@boris1gary wrote:

Yes Hockey is back from his rather long break and kicks off the new year with another bit of nonsense, what a fool. Just because it seems that Bronwyn Bishop has lived to 150 he thinks we all will...hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhahaahahahhaa.....now I just waiting for the LyingNP push for a retirement age of 147. 

He is getting more nuts as each month passes.  I can't wait for the next installment of "Lost in Hokey Space".   

Life expectancy higher under the LNP.  You can live until you're 150 and finish work at 125 to enjoy your retirement.  Now we just need to increase your taxes to pay for that.

Message 7743 of 17,615
Latest reply

Put this down as a Hockey Howler

"It's kind of remarkable that somewhere in the world today, it's highly probable that a child is being born that is going to live to 150 "

Nutso. Anyone making unbelievable claims like that would at least refer to some  recent study that had been done on life expectancy 'somehere in the world' to give their statement at least a teeny tiny smidgen of credibility.

Message 7744 of 17,615
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

The newest idea is for pharmacies to deliver more health care so that governments can lower health costs.

What would you be comfortable letting someone at the pharmacy do that doctors do?

I am well aware that pharmacists are better qualified (than doctors) to choose drugs, although they are under the same pressure from drug companies to push certain drugs. 

Pharmacy can help deliver better health outcomes and a more sustainable Medicare

• Enhancing access to prescription repeats for stable, long term conditions
  • Extending the treatment of minor ailments to community pharmacies
  • Improving access to vaccinations
  • Post hospital and transitional care medicine reconciliation support
  • Basic health checks, screening and preventative health services
  • Mental health support

http://www.guild.org.au/news-page/2015/01/18/pharmacy-can-help-deliver-better-health-outcomes-and-a-...

I would rather go to a Dr. If you go to a Pharmacists and say, for example, that one of you eye stings, they are keen to sell you a product for eye styes. They may be correct, they may not be.. but they want to make a sale.

I once trotted off with a product a Pharmacist recommended for my ailment.. at the checkout it was $25. It  didn't work..  after a week I went to a bulk bill Dr (no charge) and got a prescription for $14.. should have done that in the first place.

The Govt will have to pay Pharmacists each time they give one of those services anyway.

Last week I got a prescription for an item I have never had before. The staff member who took the prescription noted on it  thatI had not had that drug before. 

Before I could collect the prescription the Pharmacist called me over. Asked me to sign a form, name DOB etc. I wasn't sure what I was signing and asked. She said the Govt pays them a certain amount for giving the prescription advice.

There were several people behind me, waiting in the queue for their prescriptions at the Pharmacy end of the store... they looked cranky because I was taking so long.... there was nothing embarrasing  about my prescription and it was not for a serious condition, but I really didn't like people in the queue being able to hear the whole conversation with the pharmacist and I felt pressured to move on..

Message 7745 of 17,615
Latest reply

If Gillard or Swan had made such a ludicrous claim the media would have been all over them in a frenzied attack but not your under average old Joe, he gets a free ride again and again....

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jan/19/joe-hockey-repeats-incorrect-claim-that-half-o...

“You’re working July, August, September, October, November, December just for the government and then you start working for yourself and your own household income after that for another six months, it is a disincentive, so we’ve got to bear that in mind. We’ve got to bear in mind that bracket creep is going to take middle-income Australians into the second-highest tax bracket over the next few years, which is a disincentive for people to work,” he said.

Message 7746 of 17,615
Latest reply

Now there you have several good reasons why pharmacists should not do doctors' work, Am.

They will have to be paid extra, some staff will have to be trained to do minor doctor work, where is the privacy, they will surely have to have a treatment room for that, most staff that I have come across are good, but there are some airheads too.

While I would take the pharmacist's word over the doctor's in regards to drugs, I do not want him (or her) or any of his staff, diagnosing ear problems, eye problems, giving injections, deciding if I have influenza or not, deciding whether I am depressed enough for them to refer me to some organisation, etc.

I bought some ventolin once, and the staff member asked me why, in front of several other customers, and I told him.  It did not worry me, I have long ago given up caring what people think, but he was sorry he asked.  (I do not have asthma).

Pharmacies are like gift shops now, who is going to pay for all this extra work?  Who is going to stop them from pushing their products when they might not be needed?

Message 7747 of 17,615
Latest reply

Today it is 500 days since abbott took over the government.    Happy birthday.

Message 7748 of 17,615
Latest reply

well sloppy is on a run, running from one stupid lie to another - best all round if he just keeps his mouth for eating

will wait for monmons graph to back up the sloppys lieWoman LOL

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jan/19/joe-hockey-repeats-incorrect-claim-that-half-o...

Joe Hockey repeats incorrect claim that half of people's income goes on taxes

Message 7749 of 17,615
Latest reply

wonder how they will react when the queen of asbestos takes over from the abbott, a woman (allegedly).

Message 7750 of 17,615
Latest reply