Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

Re: Diary of our stinking Govt.

until now !

Message 8911 of 17,615
Latest reply

LOL Smiley LOL Kudo credit given where due......for a funny

but me a dim-wit? sorry, not true Smiley Wink

This was said by our non-intelligent PM Abbott:

“No one, however smart, however well-educated, however well experienced, is the suppository of all wisdom.” Smiley LOL

Message 8912 of 17,615
Latest reply

even mandy the useless has turned against the abbott, no such thing as loyalty in this nest of vipers.

Message 8913 of 17,615
Latest reply

Bring on the election, never mind the spill.

Message 8914 of 17,615
Latest reply

Premier Mike Baird is on track to comfortably return to power in next month's NSW election, but the unpopularity of Prime Minister Tony Abbott and his government is eroding the scale of his likely victory.

Seven weeks before the March 28 election, an exclusive Fairfax/Ipsos poll shows the NSW Coalition leading Labor by 56 per cent to 44 percent on a two-party preferred basis, based on preference flows at the 2011 election. This is a two-point improvement for the Baird government since November.

But the poll also shows for the first time that the performance of the Abbott government has driven almost one in 10 Liberal National voters away from the Coalition at a state level.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/baird-government-takes-hit-from-abbott-factor-but-still-ahead-ipsos-poll-2...

Message 8915 of 17,615
Latest reply

Sadly it does not matter what happens on Monday or whether there is a new leader or not. The problem is with their polices, unless they change, nothing changes.

Message 8916 of 17,615
Latest reply

Not until the next election at least. 

Message 8917 of 17,615
Latest reply

Well that's true lol but its still a struggle to find a decent party with decent policies.

Message 8918 of 17,615
Latest reply

BA: "Sadly it does not matter what happens on Monday or whether there is a new leader or not. The problem is with their polices, unless they change, nothing changes."

"Well that's true lol but its still a struggle to find a decent party with decent policies."

I detect a poster who appears to be beyond partisan waffles and the flocks herein:  Myopic Tongues2 Small.jpg

The comments above make me realise that the Canberra  apparatchiks are also:Myopic Tongues2 Small.jpg

Whilst being well used to  gimme gimme (hand feed me) from these: Myopic Tongues2 Small.jpg I will keep an eye (nose?) on what is a far better indication of the odour level of  whatever  government is in the paddock, my favourite shares, and of course the FF dividends

It will be interesting the result of Canberra's  Myopic Tongues2 Small.jpg on Monday apropos our ASX health.

nɥºɾ

Message 8919 of 17,615
Latest reply

Liberal Spill Tracker  http://infinitive.org.au/libspill/

Message 8920 of 17,615
Latest reply