Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

Re: Diary of our stinking Govt.

lol Joono  did you see that too. though he deleted the tweet, all the responses stayed on hashtag auspol

Message 13811 of 17,615
Latest reply

Funny isn't it.  Pyne is deleting tweets and someone is hurriedly cleaning up the Liberal party website.

Joono
Message 13813 of 17,615
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120511152707/http://liberal.org.au/Latest-News/2012/04/21/Tony-Abbott-...

deleted over-night apparently, but saved by journos

The interwebs have exploded with that link. I thought the press conference by BB revealed more than she knew. It revealed that she also took two other flights that were questionable. It also highlighted that she lied. A press report a few days ago claimed that she was not going to pay it back however, after a late night phone call from Abbott, she relented. So her claim that she saw the amount and then paid it back is false. It also highlighted very clearly that she in unable to remain partisan. A very dangerous ground she is treading when her role is supposed to be seen as bipartisan both in and out of the chair. 

I appreciate that probably the majority of pollies rort the system from time to time. However, this case is so blatantly 'entitled' and I think that's why people are so angry. Of all the things Abbott has done, I haven't seen this sort of anger since the Prince Phillip incident. That he is supporting her and going against everything he declared re the Slipper affair is just plain hypocritical. 

Photobucket

Message 13814 of 17,615
Latest reply

Not entirely sure but I think it was Peter Van Onselen who found that AB. He seems to be a pretty decent person.

The press are saying there is more to be exposed tomorrow, what they mean by that I don't know
Message 13815 of 17,615
Latest reply

It must be the $1000 per day limo fee she racked up for tax payers that they were referring to.

Kind of makes " tax payers funding the ABC" look pretty attractive in comparison doesn't it? Lol
Message 13816 of 17,615
Latest reply

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/17/us/california-freeway-fire/

scary to see this fire jump to the road

Message 13817 of 17,615
Latest reply

So Hockey is criticising her, Abbott and Pyne are defending her, everbody else is putting in their three pennyworth, but ole brer Fox(Turnbull)  is lying low and saying nothing.Smiley LOL

Message 13818 of 17,615
Latest reply

oh and she had a go at Hockey yesterday lol

Message 13819 of 17,615
Latest reply

OMG! I must be psychic. I had a converstion with my sister about an hour ago regarding the likelihood of Abbot calling a double dissolution. We agreed that Bronny's "coptergate" had rather put the kybosh on his hopes of charging into battle on the back of Shorten's Royal Commision appearance and I said "He might just have to let a couple of boats slip through to rouse the rabble into a suitable frenzy of righteous indgnation.

Five minutes ago I have a look at Google News and what do I see :http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-20/suspected-asylum-seeker-vessel-seen-heading-for-dampier-wa-coa...

Message 13820 of 17,615
Latest reply