Do you object to BAG INSPECTIONS at stores

nero_bolt
Community Member

?

Do you object to BAG INSPECTIONS at stores?

Do you object to staff asking to inspect your bag? (they are only doing their job) 

Will you shop at a  store that asks to inspect your bag or will you go elsewhere? 

Do bag inspections and security checks help to stop shop lifting and keep prices down?

If you object WHY?

Do you think that objecting to a bag inspection makes a person look guilty or they are guilty? 

Rememer that its a condition of entry at just about every major /medium/small store in Australia 

Message 1 of 540
Latest reply
539 REPLIES 539

Yes, I object. Do you carry a handbag nero?

Photobucket
Message 2 of 540
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Do not object, would not object, can't remember the last time

I was asked.

Message 3 of 540
Latest reply

Doesn't worry me but I rarely get asked even though I frequently set off the alarms when leaving supermarkets.

I have noticed anyone setting off an alarm is allowed to just keep going, the stores don't seem to worry about those alarms going off.

Message 4 of 540
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

Why do you OBJECT?  Honest people that have nothing to hide dont normally object so I am I am sure many others on here will be interested in hearing your reasons to objecting to the prevention of shop lifting and theft and the staff doing their jobs and the fact its a condition of entry to most stores if not all... 

Do you only shop at stores that dont do bag searches? 

Interested in your reasons 

Message 5 of 540
Latest reply

Do you carry a handbag nero?

Photobucket
Message 6 of 540
Latest reply

**meep**
Community Member

Objections are irrelevant.

I think every customer should familiarise themselves with their rights and responsibilities before entering a shop.

For NSW shoppers:

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/Consumers/Buying_goods/Bag_check_guidelines.page

Message 7 of 540
Latest reply

No, I don't/ wouldn't object. I have nothing to hide. 

Shoplifitng is rife. I am all for anything that may reduce that. Loses of stock by shoplifters increase the costs of good to all consumers.

On the same shopping trip, the staff at big dept store M mentioned they had a lot of stuff pinched (security was being called over the loud speaker at that moment), few minutes later I was in Coles and some policemen came in, checkout person said they were called in to deal with shoplifters, of which they have a lot.

Message 8 of 540
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

If your store was B & M would you employ a bag inspector?

Or would it be ok to shoplift your stuff?

Message 9 of 540
Latest reply

Shoplifting is not ok and no I would not allow staff to treat my customers as thieves.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 540
Latest reply