Do you see and feel sun burning hotter in 2014 vs years ago?

.....if I go for a walk at 7am in the morning I feel the sun starting to 'burn' on my arms and shoulders and get sunburn after 10 minutes if I am not wearing long sleeves!!. Ten years ago I could go for a half an hour walk at 9.30am without burning-at same time of the year just wearing a short sleeve Tshirt.

What do you think?

Message 1 of 128
Latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

More nonsense obfuscation does not  divert from the fact that the Antarctic ozone "hole" has not existed above southern Australia P007. In fact every image of yours (and mine) so far confirms just that,

The point I am making is that posting information ( in large font) from unreliable sources without checking, when the definitive  data is readily accessable, makes your posts unreliable also.

There is  no way  P007 you will provide data showing the ozone "hole" has existed above southern Australia even if you check  (??) many years  of  daily TOMS reports.

Here is an example of an unreliable statement: "....er......we don't grow oak trees in Australia....."  So knowing it is nonsense (unreliable) and a picture is an acceptable means to refute it,  I pop over to  a neighbour  and voila:

uv acorn.jpg

Piglet would just love those haycorns!

nɥºɾ

Message 121 of 128
Latest reply

Here you go nɥºɾ

You may need to replenish your supply.

pearls of wisdom.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 122 of 128
Latest reply

to monman: So, your final piece of well researched info is this?!....and when you lose you resort to this sort of caper?

So, you can't admit defeat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion

"Ozone depletion..........

Biological effects ....... The main public concern regarding the ozone hole has been the effects of increased surface UV radiation on human health. So far, ozone depletion in most locations has been typically a few percent ........... As the ozone hole over Antarctica has in some instances grown so large as to reach southern parts of Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, and South Africa, environmentalists have been concerned that the increase in surface UV could be significant.[33]

UVB (the higher energy UV radiation absorbed by ozone) is generally accepted to be a contributory factor to skin cancer....

increased surface UV leads to increased tropospheric ozone, which is a health risk to humans.[34]"

http://www.ibtimes.com/antarctic-ozone-hole-slightly-smaller-average-year-nasa-says-has-healing-begu...

However, according to NASA, it is too early for scientists to determine whether a "healing process" of the hole has begun.

Message 123 of 128
Latest reply

"and when you lose you resort to this sort of caper?"  lose what? I occasionally follow your lead P007 e.g. when you wrote:
"Do you wear a pearl necklace when driving your imported mini?"

P007, I still ask that you provide a source (data & source would be better) to confirm your very loud (and incorrect) statement:

"As the ozone hole over Antarctica has in some instances grown so large as to reach southern parts of  Australia.

All you have to do P007 is give me a date/period when this supposed event occurred and I will do the research, because so far your efforts have resulted in no cigar, and a very shy ozone "hole"

I suggest you use NASA TOMS data which I respect,  because just  writing something or posting unverified  C&P  material from Wiki does not always make it fact,  as many posts here have shown.

nɥºɾ

Message 124 of 128
Latest reply

replying to monman: I suggest you use NASA TOMS data which I respect

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have posted NASA TOMS data NOV 2013....showing less than 220 dB's over Australia....you choose/chose to ignore

Message 125 of 128
Latest reply

for monman.....

this does not look good for Australia - Nov 2013:

.....you would be aware that the Antarctic Ozone 'hole' split into two seperate 'hole' areas back in the early 2000's.....

Message 126 of 128
Latest reply

to monman:

.....don't you 'respect' science and scientific facts as presented by ALL other sites other than NASA and TOMS?

It's obvious why!!!

Polar winds and other winds shift the Antarctic (and the 22 other 'holes') Ozone hole - it's not a 'static' thing

Foll is from a scientific recorded set of data, found on a reliable scientific website:

http://www.livescience.com/40609-ozone-hole-biggest-for-2013.html

ozone hole at its biggest in 2013

The ozone hole reached its biggest extent for the year on Sept. 26, 2013. Credit: NOAA

"As the ozone hole over Antarctica has in some instances grown so large as to reach southern parts of  Australia." wikki site

Message 127 of 128
Latest reply

answering monman who says: ...."I suggest you use NASA....data which I respect..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently NASA was setup (in 1958, prior to this agency was called NACA estab 1915)   and established with former Nazi/s employed ...

..."A new drive to visit and weaponize outerspace was created, and former Nazis were put in charge of a new agency called NASA."

U.S. Military Hired Sixteen Hundred Nazi Scientists and Doctors....

Operation Paperclip: The Secret Intelligence Program That Brought Nazi Scientists to America.

In 1959, 94 Operation Paperclip men went to the United States, including Friedwardt Winterberg and Friedrich Wigand.[16] Throughout its operations to 1990, Operation Paperclip imported 1,600 men, as part of the intellectual reparations owed to the United States and the UK, some $10 billion in patents and industrial processes.[16][20]

During the decades after they were included in Operation Paperclip, some scientists were investigated because of their activities during World War II. Arthur Rudolph was deported in 1984, but not prosecuted, and West Germany granted him citizenship.[21] Similarly, Georg Rickhey, who came to the United States under Operation Paperclip in 1946, was returned to Germany to stand trial at the Dora Trial in 1947; he was acquitted, and returned to the United States in 1948, eventually becoming a U.S. citizen.[22] The aeromedical library at Brooks Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas, had been named after Hubertus Strughold in 1977. However, it was later renamed because documents from the Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal linked Strughold to medical experiments in which inmates from Dachau were tortured and killed.[23]

ref. Jacobsen, Annie (2014). Operation Paperclip: The Secret Intelligence Program that Brought Nazi Scientists to America. New York: Little, Brown and Company. ISBN 9780316221047. OCLC 827257574. Retrieved 17 February 2014

http://www.sott.net/article/257398-The-NAZI-origins-of-NASA

Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr von Braun was the leading German born rocket scientist who came over from Germany after world war two. Him and his German team were mostly responsible for Americas space program as we know it today. Yes he was also a Nazi.

Before NASA, there was the N.A.C.A., which was started in 1915.  This became NASA in 1958.  There was a special steering committee to get NASA started, with 16 members.  One of the members was the Director of the Development Operations Division, Army Ballistic Missile Agency: Wernher von Braun.  

During WW II, von Braun had been a member of the Nazi party and a commissioned SS officer.  After the war, he and some of his rocket team were taken to the United States as part of the then-secret Operation Paperclip. In 1955, ten years after entering the country, von Braun became a naturalized U.S. citizen.  He received the 1975 National Medal of Science.  He died in 1977....

....etc....etc

don't know if 'respect' is quite the appropriate way to describe NASA, do you monman?

Message 128 of 128
Latest reply