Do you see and feel sun burning hotter in 2014 vs years ago?

.....if I go for a walk at 7am in the morning I feel the sun starting to 'burn' on my arms and shoulders and get sunburn after 10 minutes if I am not wearing long sleeves!!. Ten years ago I could go for a half an hour walk at 9.30am without burning-at same time of the year just wearing a short sleeve Tshirt.

What do you think?

Message 1 of 128
Latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

check the UV reading on the weather report , its never a good forecast.

Message 2 of 128
Latest reply

I do and have......but 5, 10 years ago the UV ratings were not like this........

Message 3 of 128
Latest reply

ca04
Community Member

With more airconditioning, growing older, & possibly the brain getting more in touch with the body this would be more noticeable. 

Message 4 of 128
Latest reply

NASA scientists analyzing 30 years of satellite data have found that the amount of ultraviolet (UV) radiation reaching Earth's surface has increased markedly over the last three decades. Most of the increase has occurred in the mid-and-high latitudes, and there's been little or no increase in tropical regions.

The new analysis shows, for example, that at one line of latitude — 32.5 degrees — a line that runs through central Texas in the northern hemisphere and the country of Uruguay in the southern hemisphere, 305 nanometer UV levels have gone up by some 6 percent on average since 1979.

The primary culprit: decreasing levels of stratospheric ozone, a colorless gas that acts as Earth’s natural sunscreen by shielding the surface from damaging UV radiation.

The finding reinforces previous observations that show UV levels are stabilizing after countries began signing an international treaty that limited the emissions of ozone-depleting gases in 1987. The study also shows that increased cloudiness in the southern hemisphere over the 30-year period has impacted UV.  http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/uv-exposure.html

Message 5 of 128
Latest reply

LL the climate change people will get you sure as eggs.:-)

Message 6 of 128
Latest reply

I agree Lakie, as you say: 

decreasing levels of stratospheric ozone, a colorless gas that acts as Earth’s natural sunscreen by shielding the surface from damaging UV radiation.

....and at present, for the past few weeks have been subjected to the full impact of the sun's UV factor-chemtrailing has been stopped for thissame period.

I think that the powers to be were laying trails in our sky in an attempt to create a protective layer in the atmosphere to replace the ozone layer that is no longer there.

......what else can be done?

Message 7 of 128
Latest reply

@ca04 wrote:

LL the climate change people will get you sure as eggs.:-)

it is related to things like propellants and refrigeration gases mainly , man -made ozone eaters . legislation has seen these replaced with ozone- friendlier substitutes (thats why an old car air -con was .. colder)

Message 8 of 128
Latest reply

**meep**
Community Member

@paintsew007 wrote:

.....if I go for a walk at 7am in the morning I feel the sun starting to 'burn' on my arms and shoulders and get sunburn after 10 minutes if I am not wearing long sleeves!!. Ten years ago I could go for a half an hour walk at 9.30am without burning-at same time of the year just wearing a short sleeve Tshirt.

What do you think?

Not sure....can't say I've experienced what you have and don't have time to analyse these:

http://www.arpansa.gov.au/uvindex/monthly/ausmonthlyindex.htm

Message 9 of 128
Latest reply

@paintsew007 wrote:

I agree Lakie, as you say: 

decreasing levels of stratospheric ozone, a colorless gas that acts as Earth’s natural sunscreen by shielding the surface from damaging UV radiation.

....and at present, for the past few weeks have been subjected to the full impact of the sun's UV factor-chemtrailing has been stopped for thissame period.

I think that the powers to be were laying trails in our sky in an attempt to create a protective layer in the atmosphere to replace the ozone layer that is no longer there.

......what else can be done?

i dont know about the chemtrail claims, but a change of gases did reduce 'the hole' markedly in size. the ozone layer is still there, just thinner. only time and vigilance can fix it.  it is in some ways  the forgotten climate issue.

Message 10 of 128
Latest reply