Does a Man Have the Right

Does a man have the right to hit a woman back ?? This woman was told by her 7 year old son that the man had frighten him, so she raced over to the man and started to hit him from behind around the head and face he then turned around ahd hit her across the face. Do you think he had the right to hit her back.
Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

everyone has the right to self defence.

it all comes down to reasonable force.

Message 2 of 46
Latest reply

He might have pulled a face or pocked

Out his tongue in that case 

The mothers reaction was extreme

And he should have wacked her back

Crazy is as crazy does

Message 3 of 46
Latest reply

Everyone has the right to defend themselves.

Gender doesn't come into it.
Message 4 of 46
Latest reply

Personally I would never hit a woman, just not my M.O... And I have had reason too in the past..

But...... When a woman starts to act in that manor I think a man has the right to stop her... But... He doesn't need to strike back physically.... He can usually control the situation with his strength by physically stopping the abuse... He doesn't need to strike back...jmo.

Message 5 of 46
Latest reply

Nobody has the right to lay a hand on another regardless of gender.
Message 6 of 46
Latest reply

@goldenjet16 wrote:

Personally I would never hit a woman, just not my M.O... And I have had reason too in the past..

That would depend on whether he was awake or asleep.

Robot Embarassed

Message 7 of 46
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

@goldenjet16 wrote:

Robot Embarassed

Doesn't make a difference.... I'm sure if a man was hit while sleeping, his reaction would be to get up and hit back... If that was his nature.

Not in my nature... Although I would be mad... Still would not hit back.... And never have..  Even though it would not be right for a women to do so... But some women would...

Message 8 of 46
Latest reply

@goldenjet16 wrote:

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

@goldenjet16 wrote:

Robot Embarassed

Doesn't make a difference.... I'm sure if a man was hit while sleeping, his reaction would be to get up and hit back... If that was his nature.

Not in my nature... Although I would be mad... Still would not hit back.... And never have..  Even though it would not be right for a women to do so... But some women would...

You agree Helen??

Message 9 of 46
Latest reply

@goldenjet16 wrote:

@goldenjet16 wrote:

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

@goldenjet16 wrote:

But some women would...

You agree Helen??

Yes, I agree.

Message 10 of 46