Don't say you wern't warned!

NSW fires see more than 850,000 hectares destroyed so far in season 'as bad as it gets'

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-11/nsw-bushfires-850000-hectares-destroyed-worst-to-come/1169103...

many years ago after a monumentally bad fire a inquiry was formed to see what our leaders should do in order to be better prepared if the same situation should happen again.

like the puchasing of the canadian super tanker fire fighting planes.

of couse they were expensive but if each state was to purchase 1 then come a day like we are predicting now these planes would all be available to be deployed as a mega fire fighting group.

but no, we were told we dont need them, we can do better with out them.

and anyway, these big fires dont happen very often.

well well well, looks to me like the eastern states are in for fires, big fires, nearly every year!

i just heard on radio where if your considered in a fire prone area (thats just about everyone these days) you can forget insurance cover.

oh, and done mention 'climate change' to the govt, its still a load of you know what to scomo and co.

Message 1 of 79
Latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: Don't say you wern't warned!

Another 40+ houses lost on the outskirts of Sydney. 😞

https://thenewdaily.com.au/weather/2019/12/19/sydney-fire-emergency/
Message 21 of 79
Latest reply

yep just like comrade andrews is about to do in victoria - to allow logging of mountain ash forests with the support of chairman bandt.

Message 22 of 79
Latest reply

I just watched an interview of Israel Folau by Alan Jone on Foxtel. Jones, who supports Folau, designed the interview so no difficult questions would be asked. Given the time that has passed, and the tragedy that has occurred, I was a bit surprised that Folou did not retract or apologise for his November comments on the bush fires.

In delivering a sermon, Folau stated the bush fires are "God's judgment" in response to the legalisation of same-sex marriage. He then read from the Book of Isaiah in the Bible: “The earth is defiled by its people; they have disobeyed the laws, violated the statutes and broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse consumes the earth; its people must bear their guilt. Therefore earth’s inhabitants are burned up, and very few are left.” He said we must repent and restore the laws as they were.

It disturbs me that Jones and a growing number of people support and provide funds for Folau at this sad and difficult time. I can't help thinking that they are not true Australians. Clearly, they are not feeling or sharing the sadness and pain being caused by the bush fires and drought as many other Australians are. Is this slowly moving towards religious terrorism, or is it just madness?

Message 27 of 79
Latest reply

By definition, anybody who believes in an imaginary friend is not completely sane.

Message 28 of 79
Latest reply

How far back does he want us to go?

I'm assuming he doesn't want the laws rolled back to the point when there was a God-given right for people (mostly white) to own other people (mostly non-white or female).

I'm thinking he'd cherrypick somewhere after slavery but before emancipation.

Message 29 of 79
Latest reply

I wonder if Israel realises that AJ is one of the types he condemned.
Message 30 of 79
Latest reply