Favourite Quotations

Post your favourite quotations here. ๐Ÿ™‚

We could have a "quotation of the month" every month if there are enough quotations (the quotation with the most Helpfuls that would then be marked as Solution), or maybe we can mark as Solution all quotations with more than a certain number of Helpfuls, like 5 Helpfuls?

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Favourite Quotations

but unfortunately I remember it even if that person was not important in any way in my life of course and I will never meet him again.

I have never taken the 5 year rule to  mean we can't remember things. I think it was more a comment about how we personally respond to things, as in overly reacting to small things. It was a nun speaking, remember. She went on to say that what was important, the things we should be concentrating on, was how we lived our life, our core values. She didn't say to forget it (just said the score itself would be irrelevant in our lives in 5 years), just to take a lesson from it, see what we could learn from the test.

Actually if we turn your incident around, what we could take from it is that rudeness counts. The man may have thought it didn't matter, you were a stranger,  who cares etc

But what it shows is that our everyday behaviour does impact on others more than maybe we realise. A little kindness goes a long way.

Message 11 of 52
Latest reply

Never trust a fart

anon

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 12 of 52
Latest reply

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Message 13 of 52
Latest reply

You wouldnโ€™t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.

โ€” Eleanor Roosevelt

Message 14 of 52
Latest reply

A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

Message 15 of 52
Latest reply

Your quotation reminded me of another one:

โ€œEverybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.โ€

(attributed to Albert Einstein)

Message 16 of 52
Latest reply

The moving finger writes; and, having writ, moves on:

nor all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line,

nor all thy tears wash out a word of it.

Omar Khayyam

Message 17 of 52
Latest reply

โ€œWhen all the trees have been cut down, When all the animals have been hunted, When all the waters are polluted, When all the air is unsafe to breathe, Only then will you discover you cannot eat money โ€ฆโ€

โ€• Cree Prophecy

Message 18 of 52
Latest reply

โ€œIf you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.โ€

โ€• Lao Tzu

Message 19 of 52
Latest reply

Actions speak louder than words, and are more to be regarded.

Message 20 of 52
Latest reply