Go away Australian Border Force

One of the many reasons that I love Melbourne. HeartYour Blue Shirts are not welcome here, Mr Abbott.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/australian-border-force-to-patrol-melbourne-cb...

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 1 of 95
Latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

probably another leaked briefing paper mistaken as a press release Smiley Tongue

Message 61 of 95
Latest reply

๐Ÿ™‚

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 62 of 95
Latest reply

So it's now called "clumsy wording" when a mistake of mammoth proportions is made.
Not " we were wrong"
Message 63 of 95
Latest reply

I wonder how his mouthpiece Andrew Bolt will support him today.

Joono
Message 64 of 95
Latest reply

It is still an issue. It should never had happened in the first place. Bungling that started at the highest level. Another embarrassment for the government. Good on Vicpol for deciding to cancel it.

Message 65 of 95
Latest reply

Would love to know what directive caused such "clumsy wording" and what it would have looked like (before being cancelled) without the "clumsy" wording.

Message 66 of 95
Latest reply

How did it pass thier proof reader? Do they even have a proof reader?

Message 67 of 95
Latest reply

I wouldn't be surprised if the original wording was exactly how they wanted it to be until public backlash made them back pedal at an alarming rate.

Message 68 of 95
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

I like to have fun when I go out, but I try not to get arrested...so it's handy stuff to know ๐Ÿ˜‰

I doubt if you would be arrested for failing to produce ID at a nighclub or liquor store - you would simply be refused entry or service. 

Message 69 of 95
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:
So it's now called "clumsy wording" when a mistake of mammoth proportions is made.
Not " we were wrong"

And apparently We are the ones at fault for 'misunderstanding' it.

Which only reinforces what I have said so oftenon these boards: If you don't say what you mean, people will assume you mean what you say. (except that in this case I suspect they really did mean what they said.)

Message 70 of 95
Latest reply