Had anyone here had a breast reduction?

I am seriously considering this surgery.  

I am sick to death of having such big boobs (14F).  No, I am not overweight and when I have lost weight it makes no difference (the great suggestions I've had in the past).  I do get back/neck pain and a lot of trouble buying clothes that fit across my chest (too big in the shoulders).  I live in stretch clothes!  I have to exercise in 3 layers of sports bras to stop the jiggle!  There are also no decent and sexy bras this side of an E cup.  I'd love to go down to a D!

Wondering if anyone has had it? I'm going to see a plastic surgeon in June (long wait to see the best boob guy in Melbourne!), and I'm aware there will be scarring.

If you had it:

- Is the scarring bad?

- How long did the scars take to heal?

- Has it helped your back/neck pain?

- Was it worth it?  Would you do it again knowing what you know now?

- What was the recovery like? (time off work).

- What questions would you ask your surgeon if you had your time over?

I know what a surgeon tells you isn't always reality. ie.  two weeks off work but you can't move for four!

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

And no, I will not be adding pics to this post.  Use your imagination!

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

And no, I will not be adding pics to this post.  Use your imagination!

Smiley LOL

I worked with a girl with very large breasts and she constantly had back issues.

Eventually decided to have a reduction, I left the company before the op but apparently a huge relief.

Also heard someone else with the same issue say it was the best thing they ever did due to the bad posture it was causing.

How you feel is more important to looks IMO and ask the surgeon all the questions.

Just the fact you are getting all the info is probably the right direction. Good on you.

image host
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

For feminine bras in larger cup sizes that don't cost the earth try out a s o s

Free returns if you are unhappy.

As for scarring...that can last several years until the marks fade out.

How do scars fare on you in general? If you have had any that gives you an indication, too.

Recovery time- don't forget you will need to look after yourself properly i.e. try to aim for a low stress time.

possible complications ... infection, slow healing ... think about these things also.

The surgeon- does he/she do a 3D image of how you should look afterwards...so you have a reasonable idea of what the result will be.

Best to look up on the net if there are breast surgery groups etc and try to find any previous patients.

I haven't had any breast surgery but these are things to help I hope.

good luck

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Good for you, I'm all for it, though I haven't had it done myself though would have it done in the blink of an eye if I needed it.

.  I've watched a lot of the Embarrassing Bodies tv show where people present to doctors  with ...  embarrassing (to them)....   problems and we are taken through the whole process.  Breast reduction has been covered many times and the difference between the before and after is great to see, especially what it does for the morale and comfort of the patient.  I believe it's a very common operation ,

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Two of my sisters had it done. One had problems  with scarring, but the other reckoned it was the best decision she ever made.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I know a fabulous theatre nurse who works for a private hospital in Sydney.
I could ask her for you and get back to you , if you like.

Heart

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

- Is the scarring bad?

Not myself but someone I know, from an F cup to a C.
Depends on skin type but hers, no visible scars, only underneath the breast but she healed well, took about 3 months to fade enough to make her feel comfortable.
No more back and neck pain
She was really happy with the results, around a 6 week recovery and back to normal.
No idea about the last query but she is so happy, she shares it regularly! even with almost strangersWoman Embarassed

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@krylekathe1 wrote:

I am seriously considering this surgery.  

I am sick to death of having such big boobs (14F).  No, I am not overweight and when I have lost weight it makes no difference (the great suggestions I've had in the past).  I do get back/neck pain and a lot of trouble buying clothes that fit across my chest (too big in the shoulders).  I live in stretch clothes!  I have to exercise in 3 layers of sports bras to stop the jiggle!  There are also no decent and sexy bras this side of an E cup.  I'd love to go down to a D!

Wondering if anyone has had it? I'm going to see a plastic surgeon in June (long wait to see the best boob guy in Melbourne!), and I'm aware there will be scarring.

If you had it:

- Is the scarring bad?

I know what a surgeon tells you isn't always reality. ie.  two weeks off work but you can't move for four!

Thanks in advance.

Yes me but a long time ago..some scarring but discreet..after teasing in primary school and later at high school(nickname was big boobs)I had the operation done in my teens.never regretted it but sadly I could not breast feed although I was told bigger breasted woman have trouble in that department too..if you would some more info please send private message.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

A friend did fifteen years agon and has never regretted it.  I'm sure it's even more successful now.

Kudos to all the replies so far.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply